Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Siena Saints are Going Dancing!

That's right folks, the mid-major I have been pimping since November just punched their ticket to the dance with a 77-70 victory over game, but mighty sloppy, Niagara last night at the The Arena Formerly Known As Knickerbocker. Back-to-back MAAC Champions, the Saints now turn their attention to Selection Sunday, with doofus bracketologist Joe Lunardi already predicting them as a #10 seed. Some middling big conference school (West Virginia? Purdue?) is in for a rude awakening come Round 1.

9 comments:

T.J. said...

It's a little tough to make out, but I'm almost positive I just saw my brother in that clip.

zman said...

Amazing. Not MJ, Laettner, Grant Hill, or Tim Duncan, but Tyler Hansbrough??

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3965242

rob said...

as a college player, hansbrough's every bit as effective as those guys.

TR said...

Psycho T!

Is that the worst nickname ever? The only thing psycho about that guy is the precarious way his eyeballs are nested in his ocular cavities.

rob said...

big east tourney starts today. still something magic about msg. the building, not the food additive.

Dennis said...

Better hope they don't draw the 'Eers....that will be a first round loss for the Saints. Purdue would be a better match up...

And Gonzaga is a legit final four team this year...they have size, can get offense from every position, play solid D, good free throw shooters, and have experience. As long as they don't get stuck in UNC's region, I'm penciling them through in at least one of my 6-9 brackets...

T.J. said...

Your blind faith in WVU will cost you a first round game, no matter who the opponent.

Dennis said...

Not blind....seen them play many times this year - twice live. Do not sleep on their D...or their O.

I would recommend sleeping on Huggy's wardrobe tho.

Mark said...

Gonzaga is terribly overrated this year. Soft, no true leaders, underachieving upperclassmen (Heytvelt, Downs, Pargo)and I have to say I don't think they play good enough defense. I'll have them out by the sweet 16 in 5-8 of my brackets.