Saturday, November 21, 2009

There's a good reason Florida is playing Florida International. I just don't feel like telling you...

If you haven't noticed, I've been playing the part of a disgruntled employee or ,more appropriately, staff member this week. And not in the fun Disgruntled Goat kind of way. You see, I like Geoff. When he used to write for the Wheelhouse, his posts were consistently funny and even, at times, informative. Yet, unlike most of the guys who write here, I don't have much in common with Geoff. We don't live near each other, we didn't go to college together and we're definitely not going to be invited to the same cocktail parties (Full disclosure: I've never been invited to a cocktail party). So, all we have in common are my jokes at his expense and the memory of the time he came to Gainesville and my pit bull (Tinsley) attempted to eat his flip flops whilst they were on his feet. Sadly, those jokes, like my pit bull have grown old and tired. Tinsley's still around, but he's not the vicious baby killer he once was. I have another pit bull now (Mayfield) and much like Rob, he's a tiny, out of control asshole who has forced me to change the way I do things. I'm sure its for the better, but I don't like it. Not one bit.

To be fair, I didn't like meth the first time I tried it either. Now Salvea, that's a different story. That shit was amazing. I hit it (and followed it immediately with a whippit) and within seconds I felt like I was in King Koopa's Castle on Super Mario Bros. Greg's brother was so high he tried to walk through the screened door. That shit is awesome. If your local flea market still sells it, I suggest you get your ass down there with the townies and get yourself some.

Where was I? Oh yeah, meth. Like I said, I didn't like that shit much when I tried it the first time. But now? Oh man. That's my shit. So what I'm saying here is, bear with me. I'll figure out a way to make Rob nervous again, piss TJ off and generate some vitriol for guys I've never met like Zoltan and TR. It's just going to take me some time. But I'll get there. This is my promise to you, dear readers.

UConn (+7.5) @ Notre Dame: Both teams are in a state of mourning. UConn is obviously still mourning the tragic loss of teammate Jasper Howard. Notre Dame on the other hand is mourning both the loss of any hope for a decent bowl game and the end of the Charlie Weis era. Now, Charlie may not think its over because nobody's informed him of his impending termination, but all that tells you is that Charlie is a clueless as he is arrogant. But, we all knew that already. Charlie has seemed in over his head from day one. He's been defensive, cocky and, frankly, not very good at his job. He'll get one last win in South Bend today before Stanford, Andrew Luck and Toby Gerhart run roughshod over the Irish next week. I'm not sure who Notre Dame is going to hire next but until the delusional alums, fans (Hey TJ and Dan!) and administration come to the realization that Notre Dame is no longer an elite program...and that they're more likely to lose 3-4 games each year than they are to go to a BCS bowl game, we'll be having this same discussion about the firing and hiring of Notre Dame football coaches all over again 3-5 years from now. Irish win...big.

Oregon (-4) @ Arizona: Arizona has quietly played pretty good football this year. That's neat and all, but the real Arizona football story that's slipped under the radar this year is this. I guess it's not a shock that an Arizona QB wouldn't have the NFL beating down his door, but a guy with the physical ability and experience of Willie Tuitama should at least be getting some CFL looks. Shit, even Chris Leak's pussy ass is still hanging on up in America Jr. (Quick tangent: Every year around this time, the Canadian National Crew team comes down to my town to live and train for 3-4 months. When they do this, they take over my gym like a pack of pale, boring, annoyingly accented locusts. Don't get me wrong, I like Canadians. The ones who drink and smoke too much. These are not those Canadians. The men are douchey Euro look a likes and the women have traps the size of small dogs. And these people make it fucking impossible for me to have a decent workout in anything under an hour and a half. Seriously, take off hosers). Anyway, Oregon's a better football team than Arizona. More importantly, they aren't going to let a second chance to clinch a Rose Bowl berth slip through their fingers, or past their webbed feet. Oregon wins by at least two TDs and LeGarrette Blount scores at least one TD himself.

LSU (+4) @ Ole Miss: TJ thinks Ole Miss is winning this game. TJ hasn't watched nearly enough of Houston Nutt to realize that his teams rarely win when they are supposed to and specialize in winning games in which they seemingly have little chance. Its how his special brand of crazy works. He's a great motivator and a pretty average coach (Which differentiates him from Les Miles who is an average motivator and terrible coach). Ole Miss has a banged up DLine that will struggle to get pressure on Jordan Jefferson, who's back from a sprained ankle he suffered against Alabama. Furthermore, LSU DC John Chavis is surely going to stack the line in order to take away college football's most dangerous midget, Dexter McCluster (Quick tangent #2: Why doesn't every school in the NCAA recruit the ever loving fuck out of Florida? McCluster was a good not great high school player in Tampa, which is probably the 3rd or 4th best city in terms on high school football talent in the state, and he's been an absolutely dominant player when he's gotten enough touches this year. Every year, grab 8-10 under the radar kids out of Florida and bring them to your shitty school in the south or the midwest or wherever. You're likely to get at least 2 impact players from each class. Now, to be fair, you're likely to have at least 2 players from each class get arrested as well but that's just the price of doing business, right?) and force Jevan "I've lost somewhere between $5-10 million this year" Snead to beat a very good LSU secondary himself. That, ain't happening. On the bright side, the Klan is planning on staging a rally in Oxford right before today's game, which should do wonders for the nation's perception of Mississippi as a state, and the south in general. LSU wins, Snead throws 3 picks and Houston Nutt makes at least 5 ridiculous faces that make me laugh out loud.

Florida International (+43) @ Florida: I've only got two things to say about this game: (1) I like this game and when it falls because it lets some of the Gator's bigger contributors rest up for the stretch run and (2) I can't see Florida covering. If it happens, its because John Brantley's allowed to throw the ball a ton in the second half. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing as Brantley has seen far less game action than initially anticipated going into this season. FIU and Ned cover.

Oh yeah, one last thing: TJ called me tonight (now last night) half drunk whilst looking for Ray Finkle after Rob used his kids as an excuse to get off the phone with him (Kids are good for one thing, they are bullet proof excuses. Nobody will ever say shit if you invoke your kids in your excuse). TJ then proceeded to tell me that I may know a lot about college football but he knows waaaay more than me when it comes to College basketball (all because I jokingly said Cal would beat Syracuse). Of course, this was closely followed up by a discussion on UNC where I mentioned they had two lottery picks on this year's team. TJ said they had three and called Marcus Ginyard and Deon Thompson lottery picks. Uhhh, no. First rounders, maybe. Not the lottery. The lottery picks on UNC are Ed Davis and John Henson, but I digress. So, I'm throwing down the gauntlet right now.

Next week, TJ and I will square off (if he's man enough) in a College Basketball prediction post where we will each pick the Conference Champ (regular season) and Player of the Year from each BCS Conference and 4 mid-major conferences (two of TJ's choice and two of mine). Then we'll see who the most prescient loser on this blog is. Oh, we will see.

144 comments:

rob said...

w&m vs. richmond on comcast mid-atlantic. which i don't have. fuck me.

and i assumed mark was kidding about the klan thing at ole miss. christ on toast, but white people are dumb.

Mark said...

I wish I was kidding Rob. Southern white people are the dumbest of all white people...

Mark said...

Tebow just had what I'll guess is the easiest 55 yard TD run in Florida history. It was certainly the easiest TD run I've ever seen him have.

Mark said...

Kevin Faulk is and was a terrific player, but I find it fairly amazing that he was the SEC's all time leader in rushing TDs until today.

rob said...

why are florida and alabama playing fiu and chattanooga today? rhetorical question, really.

Mark said...

There's a DB on FIU named Gaitor. I like it.

Mark said...

Okay...Maybe Florida's going to cover. Chris Rainey's cutback ability is ridiculous.

rob said...

i'm usually a sucker for throwback unis, but ohio state's are an eyesore.

Geoff said...

Huge Tribe TD. 10-10 in Richmond w/ 12 mins to go.

Mark said...

They're actually not throwback Rob. Its called the Nike Pro combat series. TCU wore them last week, FSU (black helmets and almost red jerseys and pants) and Ohio State are wearing them this week. Florida's wearing some that look like throwbacks next week. In all, I think 8 different programs will wear them before the season's over.

Mark said...

Linkage:

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefootball/en_US/rivalries09

Geoff said...

Devastating loss for the Tribe.

T.J. said...

Richmond kicked a FG as time expired?

Dagggggger.

Mark said...

Hi Geoff!!

rob said...

the unis that aren't completely plain in that group are powerfully ugly. i like the overdramatic voiceovers, though.

Mark said...

I'm well aware the FIU is not a good football team but John Brantley looked goodgoodgood throwing the football in the second half today.

Now its on to Wagon Burner hate week.

T.J. said...

Ok, if Ole Miss is gonna have shit like that happen to it today, they are royally screwed. Good lord.

Mark said...

That's the Houston Nutt experience for you. Sloppy plays, lack of attention to detail and inexplicable losses. Ask an Arkansas fan about it some time.

T.J. said...

This game has potential...

Geoff said...

Hi Mark! I'm covered in spit up and watching CSPAN2. Whatchya doin?

Mark said...

Two crazy ass coaches with questionable coaching ability and a known penchant for gambles both wise and unwise. You bet your ass it has potential.

d-train said...

kind of liked the fsu uni's today...those helmets were pretty cool i must say.
sorry for tribe loss and that is not sarcasm.
fiu & chattanooga...that's reedonkulous.
watchn chucky cheese's last game at nd.

Mark said...

Just got done casting a papal ballot or two after a Gator laugher. Settling in for this a little late afternoon SEC action. Sounds fun, don't it?

Mark said...

Agreed Dan.

I was also happy to see FSU win for once. A win next week in Gainesville makes there season either way, but I sure as shit didn't want their bowl eligibility resting on that game too.

Geoff said...

Papal elections were never my bag. Now if you were drinking some Lagavulin and watching some 1980s nfc east football, then I'd be jealous.

d-train said...

contemplating whether or not to attend that fsu uf game next week as i've been offered a ticket by one from the gaytor nation. sorry, had to use it yet again. i guess i should probaly do it, no? tebow's last game. gainesville. potential upset. college football. why the fuck am i "contemplating"

Mark said...

Well, I did just pour myself a delicious glass of Crown so maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle.

By the way, my dream scenario for tonight involves Kansas rallying around embattled coach/dickhead Mark Mangino to upset Texas followed by 20-25 Jayhawks struggling to carry their 400+ lb coach off the field.

Unfortunately, Mangino seems to be a new level of asshole so I doubt that's going to happen. Kansas mailing it in and getting blown out by 5 TDs seems much more likely.

Mark said...

I'll be there Dan. I have access to a couple of ridiculously good tailgates and, you're right, it will be one of the more raucous emotional Senior Days in some time. Tebow, Spikes, James, Stamper, etc, etc. Probably the best and most decorated senior class in Florida history. You should stop with the contemplation.

If you decide to go, get my number from TJ and I'll make sure you enjoy you have a good time, ngs.

Mark said...

Pretty poor final sentence by me. I think the general idea came through though.

T.J. said...

Onlywayitwouldhavebeenbetterisdanstyle

d-train said...

ahl - that's audible home laugh teej
mark - will do...thx for offer...

d-train said...

what is "ngs" again?

T.J. said...

Tell me someone else just saw Dexter McCluster singing...

d-train said...

ya know, what's amazing to me about notre dame is that they have actually won 7 games this year...they should be 3-7 right now, maybe 4-6.

d-train said...

one other point and i'll go typeless for a bit...alex flanagan is f'ing HOT...she's nbc's cougar version of erin andrews, but way better

T.J. said...

The Irish kick coverage team is almost as bad as its kicking game.

Mark said...

NGS is no goat shit. I mean no gay shit.

On the underrated hot sideline reporter bit, Sam Ryan is highly underrated too. I was stuck in an elevator with her a few years back. Very, very attractive. And like 5'1".

d-train said...

they f'n suck.
fire him now and bring someone else in, anyone, out of the f'n stands even, for the remainder of game.
i have seen nothing that says they'll win this game.
okay, relax dan, at least they aren't the redskins.

Mark said...

I like when Dan talks to himself in the comments. A man near his breaking point.

rob said...

another road win for the tribe hoopsters up in manhattan. starting to think they might not be dreadful this year.

Mark said...

I could listen to Houston Nutt talk all day. All night long if he had a bag of blow for us to share...and I think he knows where to find one.

Geoff said...

Speaking of the pathetic Redskins, I have a feeling they will cover (+11.5) against Dallas and possibly win outright. Remembering that I'm always wrong, my writing this almost ensures a 2 TD Dallas win. Place your bets...

Mark said...

So, does Jimmy have another late comeback up his sleeve? He's been the main reason, imo, that Notre Dame doesn't have the losing record it very easily could've had (as Dan said) this year.

Mark said...

Haha, fuck you Armando Allen.

Mark said...

The joy that watching that introductory Weis press conference brings me is nearly indescribable...oh fuck you UConn. Just let me have a little schaudenfreude.

d-train said...

i wanted that kick to be good...seriously.
unreal. uconn won this game regardless of what happened.
weis is on the sidelines dreaming about his $10 2 foot-longer...

Mark said...

I don't like it, but I can't help it. I love Michael Floyd.

Mark said...

It doesn't appear that Jordan Jefferson has a basic understanding of the responsibilities of a quarterback, or is even very smart.

Mark said...

Notre Dame is absolutely terrible against the run.

Mark said...

There you go Dan. I think that's the nail in the coffin you've been waiting for.

Mark said...

Even is his final hours, Charlie Weis is still a major fucking dick. Have fun working as the OC in Kansas City, asshole.

d-train said...

floyd nice...but is average compared to his pre-injury days...he's really slipped
nail...coffin...yes...no debate now which is a good thing.
jon tenuta...nd's dc...is worse than weis, who, by the way, is on his way to SUBWAY for a couple of foot longers and some che-ips. fat fk. he's bringin his boy w/him.

d-train said...

sorry for obese jokes in the event anyone here has the "sickness"
let's play jeopardy.
answer: You Can't
question: how can a kid, a d-1 athlete who's success hinders much on discipline, respect his coach who lacks the self discipline to keep his weight under 450 pounds....
sorry charlie...as mark said - you're head'n to kc...if you're lucky

T.J. said...

This game is absurd.

rob said...

a little more description please

T.J. said...

Les Miles is truly fucking retarded.

rob said...

ah, that game. carry on.

d-train said...

weis might actually get hired at lsu.
wow. could miles be any more retaaaded?

d-train said...

mark - not bustin balls here but you're havin a rough day on the picks...
says the guy who can't bet anymore due to limits.

T.J. said...

Rob, let's just say his clock management skills are sorely lacking.

zman said...

Couple things:

1. Didn't Weis have gastric bypass? Why is he still fat? I've asked this before but no one seems to know the answer. It supposed to be impossible to keep weight after that surgery.

2. I agree that the Skins will cover. The Cowboys aren't that good, imho, and the only NFC East in-conference blowout this year was Jints-Iggles.

3. The Bills' crappy karma dictates that they win this week. I figure they'll end up 6-10, giving them a middling draft pick which they will spend on a 5'8" DB. So they have to win this week, because they won't beat NE, Atlanta, or Indy. A win also cements Ryan Fitzpatrick and his perfect Wonderlick score and his rag arm as the starter for the rest of the year.

4. Irina indeed won Project Runway. My prognosticatory skills are daunting. The Voltaggio brothers should be worried as I don't think they can beat the redheaded fatman.

Geoff said...

Weis' bypass didn't work due to complications which almost killed him. He was hospitalized for several months. Still, layoff the cheeseburgers.

d-train said...

jags will beat the bills tomorrow, handily. i will be in attendance, in full force, getting primed for the thanksgiving holiday.
weis had complications in that surgery - had some serious issues, other than the fact that it was obviously unsuccessful - he sued doctors and/or hospital...and lost...a precursor to his tenure in south bend. after losing said suit, he ate the doctors.

Geoff said...

Well chalk one up for socialized medicine. We're one step closer thanks to Harry Reid and friends. I, for one, am looking forward to getting my health care in an environment that more closely resembles the DMV.

rob said...

i had no idea you were one of the millions of uninsured americans. sorry to hear this news.

can we at least argue the actual facts instead of made up boogeymen? the government's not providing healthcare to anyone. just the opportunity to obtain coverage for a few folks who have no access to it today.

and death panels. don't forget the death panels.

with that, i'm off to lose a bunch of money playing cards.

zman said...

Socialized medicine is wildly unsuccessful elsewhere. Huge infant mortality rates, disproportionate life expectancies amongst socioeconomic and racial groups, some are completely frozen out of the healthcare delivery system, others can't afford their medications ... oh wait, I have that backwards.

Geoff said...

Rob, you can take your horseshit "facts" bit and shove it up your low to the ground ass. The bill is written in a way in which all employers will ultimately choose to stop providing coverage because the laughably low employer penalties are equal to a fraction of the actual cost of providing care.
As to your sob story about the uninsured, the claim is that there are 47 million uninsured americans. Yes 10 million of that 47 are eligible for medicare/medicaid but choose not to enroll. Another 15 mil can afford care but elect not to have it (predominantly 20-30 year olds). Another 9 mil are undocumented workers. That leaves about 13 mil uninsured...and we think this bill can provide most but not all of them with coverage...for the bargain price of 2.5 tril over the first ten years of implementation. (The cbo score deals with the next 10 yrs from enaction...but the bill doesn't kick in til 2014, so the years 2014-2023 cost 2.5 tril.)

Oh, and this Oregon/Arizona game is tits.

Mark said...

- Wow, this thread took an unexpected turn.

- Indeed a rough day on the picks for me. Technically I could go 2-2 (as LSU did cover) if Oregon can cover.

- The folks who frequent this blog no far too much about Charlie Weis' gastric bypass surgery.

- Nice to see the rest of you folks figure out what SEC fans have know about Les Miles since midway through his first season. That being: He's not a good coach, he's milked the fuck out of the best possible situation any college coach has walked into in many years...and LSU is a program on the slide due to his lack of coaching ability.

- Dan...please tell me you aren't a Jags fan. I really want to like you.

Geoff said...

Hey, if you think the socialized care in Canada and elsewhere is preferable to what you currently have then I agree, you should support this bill.

Mark said...

I commented before Geoff and Zoltan's most recent comments. I just have one question:

Are we really going to have a fucking debate about healthcare on a blog that prides itself on not taking life too seriously on a fucking Saturday night?

Jesus people, pour yourself a drink. In fact, make it a double and save this shit for Monday when we're all in a bad mood and have nothing better to do.

I'd rather hear people bitch about the Redskins.

Geoff said...

Yeah, I started it...in the hopes of getting a reaction from Rob. I apologize to everyone.

Can you believe Levi Jones was unemployed for the first 8 weeks of the season and is now starting at arguably the second most important offensive position for the Redskins. I sure hope Jason Campbell has health insurance.

Mark said...

Well played Geofferson. I continue to like you and regret my regrettable actions and blog posts over the last few weeks.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding? I really do like Geoff, but I also think he, his politics, and the Redskins can go get fucked.

T.J. said...

Masoli is silly good.

And Gerhart is going to have 200 yds rushing next week.

Mark said...

Tj...I've yet to see if you're going to accept my challenge or not. You scared?

T.J. said...

I'm in. Was just trying not to think about homework/effort of any kind.

Mark said...

I think we both know this isn't going to involve much effort or homework. If you plan on preparing for this, well, I've drastically underestimated you.

Geoff said...

If Mark is registered to vote and voted in the last election, I owe TJ a bottle of the most expensive win 7-11 sells.

Geoff said...

Or "wine."

Mark said...

I am registered to vote and have been since the day I turned 18. I vote in every election other than primaries, as I am a registered independent.

Pay up Geoffrey.

Mark said...

Full Disclosure: I used a write in candidate for my first two presidential elections. I voted for my Dad. Then I voted for the rest of the candidates, bills, etc. according to the normal voting protocol.

Geoff said...

People with that many tattoos vote? I was apparently misinformed at the Pat Robertson event.

T.J. said...

Mad Dog 20/20 sold at 7-11?

Geoff said...

Absolutely.

Mark said...

Does Pat Robertson do sets of leg presses to fire up the crowd at his events?

Geoff said...

Yes, he leg presses flatbeds full of unbelievers into submission.

zman said...

Uninsured unbelievers.

Mark said...

Rhombus building...

Geoff said...

Yes, its part of his Actuarial Actualizations campaign. His program is proven to reduce both sinning and premiums by at least 12 percent.

T.J. said...

Gerhart has 4 TDs tonight for Stanford. He might score 8 vs Notre Dame.

zman said...

Dick Gephart plays for Stanford? Is he insured through the school? A man his age could easily get injured.

Mark said...

Oregon...I'll never trust you again.

Mark said...

Guess what Musbereger just told me?

Maui Invitational starts tomorrow. I love this time of year.

Mark said...

Joe Cox may get murdered tonight. At this point there is no reason for Georgia not to be taking a look at one or both of their two young QBs. Anyone who knows shit about UGA football will tell you Aaron Murray is the future.

Mark said...

This Oregon-Arizona game makes no sense whatsoever.

Mark said...

Damn...you can't ask for a much better game than Arizona and Oregon are playing.

Mark said...

Good God Masoli has been fucking fantastic late in this game.

Mark said...

I can not stress how terrific this game is...

Mark said...

Sucks to be Arizona right now. On the other hand, living in Eugene is probably pretty awesome right now.

d-train said...

mark - not a true fan of jags yet - am trying to be. as a young child, loved the cowboys. we broke up when they fired landry and hired the thugs. since then have been apathetic with all pro ball. it's self-preservation - i have enough tied up in nd.

mayhugh said...

I hope Geoff's right. If there's any three win team that could get complacent at this time of the season, it's the Skins. Big win last week, lots of positive talk on the radio waves since Monday. It just feels like they'll regress to almost-unbearably-frustrating again this week. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

Mark said...

The Bucs aren't at the top of league in much but they definitely lead the league asshole/douche tight ends.

mayhugh said...

If the opposing starting quarterback can keep getting injured, the Skins might have a chance week to week.

mayhugh said...

Not good that Hall's down though.

Mark said...

Josh Freeman is slowly sucking me in...

rob said...

in our continuing feature on picayune complaints about uniforms, i find the skins' burgundy extravaganza very hard to look at.

Mark said...

I'm really looking forward to the day when I don't have to watch Sabby Piscitelli attempt to play safety anymore...

mayhugh said...

Rob, agreed. People around here take it as sacrilege, but I hate burgundy. Hate it. Not so much to look at, though. it's just hard to purchase a burgundy/gold hat or shirt that goes with anything.

mayhugh said...

Defense or special teams is going to have to score. The skins are WAY too hobbled on offense.

zman said...

Bills and Jags have combined for 215 yards through 28 minutes of football. Shades of Bills/Browns. Except Brady Quinn is out of his tits today.

mayhugh said...

Regardless of result, going for the field goal there was gutless.

zman said...

Since when could "gutsy" be used to describe the Bills?

zman said...

Here comes the INT for a TD.

rob said...

coupla decent hoops wins by the caa this weekend. vcu took out oklahoma yesterday and mason beat indiana today. that latter one may not actually be that decent. delaware beat penn, too.

zman said...

Or a 98 yard bomb to TO.

zman said...

How does Mason look this year?

zman said...

!@#$!@#$#@

They went for 2?!?

rob said...

mason looks very young but very, very athletic. if their kids grow up quickly, they could be really good.

mayhugh said...

Was talking about the Zorn field goal call.

And Jesus, can they dress some fat Texan in the stands to play O-line?

rob said...

mason really should have knocked off villanova earlier in the week - gave up several late threes to blow a 6-point lead.

rob said...

randle el spotted that ball himself. savvy.

mayhugh said...

When you are operating with your third and fourth backs and a skeletal offensive line, it might behoove you not to accumulate false start penalties.

zman said...

Matt Ryan has so little mustard on his passes that it looks like I'm Atlanta's QB.

rob said...

you guys see zorn decline that penalty? leadership right there, boys.

mayhugh said...

Yep, he makes at least 4% of the in-game coaching decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind they are losing this game. I think it will end up being 14-6. A mid-fourth-quarter score, then probably an interception for a touchdown.

zman said...

Kevin Boss is rude.

zman said...

And I still want to change my name to Madison Hedgecock.

rob said...

that interception's just as good as a punt. a really lousy punt.

skins d has made a bunch of great plays in short yardage.

rob said...

campbell's 12-12 on third down.

rob said...

of course

mayhugh said...

I mean, that was inevitable.

The one thing Zorn does have responsibility for is timeouts. Way to eff it up, Z. You should not have 1 time out left half way through the 4th quarter up by 6.

mayhugh said...

Game time.

rob said...

wes welker's pretty much the best slot receiver in history, no?

rob said...

the patriots appear interested in doing bad things to the jets this afternoon

T.J. said...

Episodes of Oz were more upliftng than this.

TR said...

Jets are terrible. My 6-10 prediction is looking better than ever. At least Rutgers put on a good show yesterday.

I was mildly amused for a few weeks by the Rex Ryan signing. But the man is not remotely intelligent. Our head coach is the spawn of Buddy Ryan and our offensive coordinator is the spawn of Marty Schottenheimer. Does my 6-10 call sound more logical now?

rob said...

tribe gets weber state at home in the playoffs this weekend. likely at southern illinois with a win.

rob said...

wow. kinda have to sit sanchez at this point. he looks awful.

TR said...

Sanchez' 2nd INT deflecting the attention from Butterfinger Braylon. Pats might win this by 40.

TR said...

And we can't forget the utter breakdown by the Jet's D on that long pass to Welker. They are now afraid to blitz. They faked the blitz, rushed 3 and dropped the fake blitzers into coverage. But there was no communication on defense. Three guys hopped Moss on the short route and left Welker wide open deep. Horrendous horrendous breakdown.

zman said...

I'll take Andre Reed over Wes Welker, but I'm biased.

d-train said...

jags....nice.
cowboys....nice too.
sorry 'skins fans

mayhugh said...

I was a few minutes into this night game when it hit me like a sack of potatoes that I was actually rooting for the Eagles. Evidently Jay Cutler has finally trumped my disdain for Eagles fans.

rob said...

landon donovan just played the prettiest cross you ever want to see to set up the first goal in the mls cup final.

and real salt lake has a defender named robbie russell.

Shlara said...

Beckham looks redic with that blonde mohawk do.
And that LED board along the sideline is REALLY distracting.