Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'll take "Gheorghe-pourri" for $400 Alex

As any member of the editorial staff will tell you, I drive everyone absolutely nuts each and every day asking for content, though I myself supply very little. I am sure this leads to frustration (and Mark kicking his dogs), the kind of frustration rob feels every time he is turned away at Disney's Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride (but at least your girls wave to you, right?). Anyhoo, I think my constant pestering leads to folks starting posts just to keep me off their back, but the problem with that move is my OC(AD)D kicks in and I want to instantly delete all draft posts within a 48 hour window. Well, I finally reached my "Michale Douglas in Falling Down" stage this morning in regard to all these draft posts, so under the guise of yet another soon-to-fail filler feature I will call "Gheorghe-pourri" I present to you the crap sitting in Gheorghe: The Blog's drafts (well, no longer sitting in there, cause this is the clearinghouse, whatever, you get what I'm saying)...

We start with this - it's the beginning of Mark's Magic preview for this year:
"I was listening/watching some inane sports talk show recently and one of the Talking Heads or Screaming Trees, if you will. Seriously. I can do this all day. Anyway, one these guys starts talking about the Magic and how they're going to struggle this year (struggle for the Magic is a relative term but, yes, that's a possibility) because they have to integrate new players into the system (again, a fine point) and blah, blah, blah. Then, to emphasize his point, he points out that the Magic have lost 3 starters from the team that went to the Finals. That stopped me. Not three. He was right, technically. The Magic lost Hedo, Courtney Lee (still love him...Jerry's gonna love him) and Rafer Alston. That's where it gets tricky. Alston was great at times in the Playoffs and certainly deserves credit for helping get the Magic to the Finals. However, there is no comparison between the impact of a healthy Jameer Nelson and Rafer Alston. Its not even close. Nelson made the All-Star team last year and was murder in the 4th quarter. Everyone seems to have forgotten, or ignore, this fact. Not to play the what if game, but the Lakers got killed by small, quick PGs who could score all year. Aaron Brooks got them in the Playoffs. Parker killed them all year. Nelson too (link). So, doe sa healthy Nelson push the Magic over the top and win that series? I have no idea. I do think its a 6 or 7 game series, for sure. Anywho, might point it is that yes the Magic have plenty of questions. They also have a point guard (who also happens to be the team's #1 leader) who had the best season of his career cut short just days after making his forst All-Star team who then had to watch as his team repeatedly blew late lead after late lead throughout the Playoffs due to poor execution and a lack of palymakers. Then, had the experience of playing The Finals at far less thatn 100% and being somewhat helpless to affect the games in his customary way. What's theis mean? He's going to be more motivated than he's ever been. He's going to push everyone harder and, more than likely he's going to have the best season of his career. He's going to will the Magic to some early season wins while they are still figuring guys like Vince Carter and Brandon Bass i"

Then I stumble upon this doozy of a revelation from TR:
"I slept with Tiger Woods. It was magical. He was tender. We talked about sports. We talked about Cadillacs. We talked about famous alumni from our schools - I told him about working at a bar with the guys from Seven Mary Three and he talked about late night lattes and discussions of early fame in Palo Alto with Danny Pintauro and Fred Savage.

Tiger never called me back. He left me alone, walking bowlegged to the laundromat with soiled sheets in a sack over my shoulder and a crack in my fragile heart. And a rash on my privates.

Damn you, Eldrick."


I think rob intended this to go up right after Veterans Day...not sure what exactly occurred with the non-posting:
"We promise to stop blogging about military issues at some point, but if the following clip of a different kind of homecoming doesn't make you smile a little bit, well, then this might not be the blog for you. Anyone who's ever owned a dog knows this feeling:"



And for anyone who thinks I waste too much time finding links/video clips, you'd be surprised how good the Tiny Dictator is at unearthing internet gems. I believe this is an item rob will be giving some folks for Christmas, and I'm not sure where he was headed with this link, but it's certainly worth a quick perusal.

It appears Dennis had a meeting with Hans Gruber? Dennis, am I interpreting the draft title of this post, "Carl and Mr. Glass", correctly?
"I'm as self-effacing as the next G:TB staffer, but in my "real" life I do occasionally find myself scooped up by the corporate wolves, handed my standard issue sheep's clothing and power-point presentation, and sent off to unnamed Government agencies in attempts to reel back in some portion of the tax dollars they pilfered from me the month prior....
....
....So I walk into the conference room expecting to find men in green suits with stars and birds on their shoulders...and I see these people:"


Finally, I leave you today with a filler video I had left in drafts for days (shame on me)...yep, it's Jared Allen discussing mullets. Enjoy.

26 comments:

Marls said...

He left me alone, walking bowlegged to the laundromat with soiled sheets in a sack over my shoulder and a crack in my fragile heart. And a rash on my privates.

Apparently, Tiger and Brozowski leave their conquests in much the same state.

rob said...

boof!

T.J. said...

Boof Bonser? Boof from Teen Wolf?

rob said...

bonser, now a red stocking.

rob said...

i don't know who toby mergler is, but his attempt at comedy regarding the w&m mascot search wouldn't be accepted at an open mike night - no idea why it was posted on espn's page 2:

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?topId=4727550

T.J. said...

And Mike Lowell is buh bye...

T.J. said...

Hey Toby, google yourself, because we have a few things we'd like to say to you...

rob said...

so i hear

Shlara said...

KQ said that the Junkies were talking about the W&M mascot this morning...

T.J. said...

Enjoy:
http://www.explosionsandboobs.com/

T.J. said...

"Don't sleep on Wren...tho remember that guy at Dematha, what's his name...what a donnnnnnnnnkey..."

rob said...

'king and queen'? hurrrrrting

rob said...

i assume that link is nsfw, yes?

T.J. said...

Well, it's got some explosions on the left-hand side of the page, and well, yeah, the right hand-side does have some breastesses.

rob said...

espn, dan patrick, and the junkies talking w&m mascot, dickie v loving on tony shaver, rpi top 15, tribe football on espn2 tomorrow night. bizarro world.

TR said...

Our pets' heads are falling off!

rob said...

and whit's right about harvard's win last night; combined with the crimson's close loss to uconn, that loss isn't looking as bad as it might have.

Michael said...

Can I get some credit for the Jared Allen video?

T.J. said...

I actually forgot it was you who sent that vid...nicely done.

T.J. said...

TR, have you seen the latest from your boy Terrence Williams?

TR said...

The angry Twitterer? I heard the story. Says a lot about the character of a man when he bitches so furiously less than 25 games into his career.

Maybe he and Nate-Dogg Robinson can go to group therapy together for bummed out players whose teams play better when they get benched. Of course, the Nets are only 1-1 in the two games he missed, but that's a big step-up.

I'm touched you thought of me when you heard about the story.

TR said...

T-Will needs to remember that he's a first round draft pick with guaranteed salary and endorsements in the $4-5 MM range. And he plays and lives less than 10 miles from Manhattan. He shouldn't have a hard time drowning his misery in any number of vices.

T.J. said...

Your shot at T-Will from late last year still draws tens and tens of internet folk here each and every month.

zman said...

T-Will should get Tiger Woodsy.

Mark said...

Nice little game going on in Tampa tonight.

mayhugh said...

Exactly WHAT has happened to the Steelers?