Friday, February 01, 2019

Park the Bus!

A few months ago I retired from the daily grind of Sentence of Dave, and started a new, long-form Wordpress blog called Park the Bus.  I don't really know what I'm doing with Wordpress, but (theoretically) I do have a lot more control over how things look. And I'm not writing for Google any longer. I own my own content.

More importantly, I'm taking my time. That's what Park the Bus is all about. Killing time for the win. Sentence of Dave was perfect for the frantic years when my kids were young. It kept me writing. It also doubles as a fairly accurate journal of an eleven year period of my life (which isn't necessarily a good thing: I got in a debate with my wife about when we watched Shutter Island . . . she said it was a couple years ago and I said it was 2010 . . . I checked the blog and it really was back in 2010! But it turned out she wasn't interested in chronological precision and said I was annoying).

Anyway, I've got a new post up and I need some traffic. My new site is off the map. So please head over and read "Please Do Not Tell My Wife About the “Send Audio Clip Over SMS” Feature (A Close Reading of an Irate Text)" and I promise you'll get the full story on this:



3 comments:

rob said...

i'm quite enjoying park the bus.

Mark said...

Dave is what (in my home) we call a “bad roommate”. My wife is a tremendous wife and a far superior parent than I. She is an awful fucking roommate though. Certainly, there are worse things but it doesn’t make the things that comprise a bad roommate less vexing.

Marls said...

Catherine is a saint