Friday, February 15, 2019

Happy Friday. Listen to This

I'm digging the new Vampire Weekend single. I found out three was a new single, went to Apple Music and owned the tune (digitally) about 11 seconds later. Neat. This comes as I am debating going to see them at MSG in September. My New Year's resolutions included sleeping more, drinking less and seeing more live music. Some of these goals will work to the detriment of others, but I won't regret seeing more live music than I did in 2018. I already have my eye on Spoon, Phish, Vampire Weekend, Gary Clark Jr. and Wallows shows. Would be a good start.

This tune has hints of Len, Phish and the Dead (at least my novice musical palette thinks so). It is a bit more ethereal than the older stuff from the band. But all that makes it very much a Vampire Weekend tune. I dig these guys. Hope you do too.


5 comments:

Whitney said...

Vampire Weekend coming to Norfolk this summer. Come join me, good people.

mr kq said...

I could be down

rob said...

what's the date on that show? i could look it up on the internet, but why would i, given that i have you.

Whitney said...

Fri Aug 30

Danimal said...

just hanging out watchin the Waltons with the kids...gramma introduced them. good old fashioned tv. speakin of old fashion, that's what i'm drinkin.

mark - email me your home address pls. i may have some uf swag for ya that i'm either going to burn, throw out, or give to someone who might appreciate it. your choice.