Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Well, I'm hot blooded, check it and see...

...I got a jungle fever of a hundred and three...Former Kentucky star Rex Chapman told a newspaper that school officials tried to stop him from dating black women or at least "hide it" rather than inflame fans.
"There were certain aspects of my time there that were really ugly," Chapman, who is white, said in a story published by The Courier-Journal on Monday. "I don't know how it is today, but that's how it was 20 years ago."

SG's cartoon was a bad enough idea. Now ESPN thinks it's wise to have a cartoon called "Off-Mikes" starring Golic and Greenberg? Who is piloting this ship?

The Yankees have now won 9 in a row to top .500. They're 5 games back of the Orioles, 2.5 back of the Red Sox. This is much much better than 2 weeks ago. And the Washington Nationals continue to surprise at 21-17. I don't think I'm the only guy who thought they would be in a freefall by mid-May. Last week I told Butt their anemic offense was gonna kill them. Well, they are 6th in OBP and SLG, and 5th in OPS, so that hasn't been a problem yet. Proving once again I know nothing. Go Nats.

I like what the University of Cincinnati did yesterday with Bobby Huggins, deciding not to extend his contract and making him fulfill the next two years of his deal before deciding to retain him. I've never been a big fan of Bob (though I did love his star pupil Nicky Van Poo Poo) and I like Cincy giving themselves the flexibility to move on if Huggins underperforms on the court (or to a lesser extent, if he has anymore off the court issues). After all, this is a program that just a few years ago got hit with NCAA sanctions for having a "lack of institutional control" over it's basketball program, so it's not like they're leaving Coach K hanging, just jackass Bob Huggins.

Um, yeah, I was just hitting the men's room (and the amazing waterless urinals) after 3 morning cups of java, when I realized the ole fly has possibly been down all morning. Wouldn't normally be a problem if I was hiding in my cube, Milton-style, listening to my radio at a reasonable volume. Unfortunately, I've been out and about, chatting it up like a good NewGuy, discussing my powerful Cherry Garcia tie, so it's possible boxers have been poking out all morning long. Hopefully the electric blue tie was very distracting.

Best name in the upcoming NBA Draft? That's easy. It's Martynas Andriuskevicius, a 7'3" Lithuanian who probably gives Chad Ford major wood. I mean, look at that guy's name again. It makes Pavel Podkolzine look like Joe Smith. This guy might go Top 5, and here's one scout's take: "His body is just so frail." Awesome.

6 comments:

Geoff said...

That's why Swint gave me that UK Chapman jersey--due to my family's propensity to engage in clandestine dating with minorities.

T.J. said...

Speaking of Swint, his ass-backwards state is finally joining the rest of the Union in embracing Daylight Savings Time:

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Indiana's governor on Friday signed a law that will make the entire state recognize Daylight Savings Time next year but whether the state will declare itself in the Central or Eastern time zones is still up in the air.

T.J. said...

The Fox Network makes me laugh even when it just lists the shows not returning next year:
"complex, the: malibu"
"jonny zero"
"kelsey grammer presents: the sketch show"
"life on a stick"
"my big fat obnoxious fiance"
"next great champ, the"
"north shore"
"point pleasant"
"quintuplets"
"rebel billionaire, the: branson's quest for the best"
"swan, the"
"totally outrageous behavior"
"tru calling"
"who's your daddy?"
"world's craziest videos, the"

By the way, Arrested Development is coming back.

Jerry said...

Those idiots ended North Shore on a cliffhanger. I knew they wouldn't get chance to resolve it. Good job, assholes.

T.J. said...

I think only 2 episodes of Johnny Zero aired, and only 1 of the Kelsey Grammer show.

Jerry said...

I can't believe Tru Calling made it back for a 2nd season.