Thursday, May 19, 2005

Pop Tarts...Delicious and Nutritious

That commercial with Darth Vader and the Burger "King" is just plain weird. Much more weird than the bumps on Adult Swim.

What the hell has gotten into Billy Hunter? It's like Louis Farrakhan is now the head of the NBA Players Association.

The Dannon Frusion Smoothie sounds like the most disgusting drink/food created in a long time. No way will I "trade in my breakfast for a Dannon Frusion Smoothie".

Barry Bonds, meet Karma. Karma, Barry Bonds. (And where was Pedro Gomez to report this story? Did Jayson Stark hit him with a steel chair so he could report it first? I mean, Pedro has one job this year - let's pick it up buddy)

Right now, somewhere in America, a 45 year old guy in full Obi-Wan Kenobi apparel is stuffing his face with popcorn and having the time of his life. Literally. Today is this guy's best day ever.

Amare Stoudemire scored every one of his points on dunks, lay ups, or free throws last night.

I read yesterday that Kevin Smith will be making Clerks 2 this year. I am not sure what to make of that, though the subtitle is "The Passion of the Clerks", which made me sort of laugh.

And finally, thank god for good ole American ingenuity...ASPEN, Colo. - A new business called Toasty Chicks Delivery hopes to profit from an invasion of construction workers this summer by having women in snug T-shirts drop off lunches from area restaurants. Toasty Chicks will take food orders, relay them to the restaurant of choice, pick up the food and deliver it to the work site, founder and owner Rodney Millspaugh said.

15 comments:

Geoff said...

The Danon Frusion Smoothie is delicious. Its the effective marriage of yogurt and milkshake.

T.J. said...

How'd you get on Dannon's payroll? I actually figured Jerry would be the guy drinking that nonsense.

Geoff said...

Do you like yogurt? I'm guessing no.

T.J. said...

I've enjoyed some yogurt in my day, but it definitely is not something I crave for regularly.

Jerry said...

I make more complicated healthy drinks than that.

There's a Dannon Frusion video game on the internet that looks like Mike Tyson's punch out where you are the Frusion and you have to beat up other breakfast foods. It's pretty fun.

T.J. said...

I would love to pummel Don Flamenco and King Hippo with my Frusion.

Jerry said...

http://www.frusion.com/game.asp

Here you go.

T.J. said...

I kicked Moe Finntop's ass.

Jerry said...

The girl I was watching couldn't beat the Sausage Biscuit.

T.J. said...

I mean...where do you go after a post like that...

Jerry said...

Give Up?
Try Again?
Retire?

What will Lil' Mac do?

T.J. said...

I want to play Nintendo right now...Blades of Steel, Super Mario Brothers, Mike Tyson's PunchOut, RBI Baseball, John Elway Quarterback...

Jerry said...

I'm playing a 125 game season of Baseball Stars. My team is getting pretty good. When you win you get more money and you use it to improve your team. It's awesome.

T.J. said...

You're not the only fan:

"Everybody know baseball . When I was young , I played a game name Baseball Star and I still play 10 years later ! . It's one of the best NES game I've ever played . There is a lot of option in this game : exhibition , league and create team . You can also see the roster of the team that are already in the game . There is 8 team in that game and there is also a girl team : the Lovely Ladies.

The gameplay is strong for a NES game . We can dive and jump to catch ball but we can also climb on the wall ! It's not too dificult to beat the computer when you know how . It's easy to make homerun when there is a really poor pitcher on the otherside . But you will enjoy the gameplay for sure.

The best option is to create a team : you pick a name , a logo and the type of team you want ( veterans , good hitters , good pitchers , etc.) . After that you have to name your player and you can play with your team . It's difficult at the beginning but when you win a gme you earn money and you can bosst your player . This is why it's fun : some player have 60 points maximum while others have 80 . After you have won some game , you will be able to play against almost any team .

With all the options that are included , we can easily say that this is the best baseball game for the NES . Even if there is some little disapointing elements , the rest of the game is perfect . Baseball Star is a must have for the NES fan and for people who have never play this game before and like baseball. - Bruno Boudreau 91%"

Jerry said...

Bruno is quite handy with the pen.