Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Music Filler

Like most old ladies, zmother likes to forward me stupid emails that she gets from her friends. Today, however, she forwarded me something that I find inexplicably entertaining. Playback.fm has a feature that will tell you the #1 song on the day you were born. My birthday jam is predictably dope:



And it was kismet that zwoman and I would get married based on her quite strong birthday song:



Other notably good birthday joints in zfamily:

zgrandmother: Down Hearted Blues by Bessie Smith

zstepsister: Come Together by the Beatles

zstepbrother: Tears of a Clown by Smokey Robinson

zbrother: Let's Dance by David Bowie

zsister: Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds

This feature also includes a link to the song you were conceived to (i.e., the #1 song 9 months prior to your birth). Perhaps unsurprisingly, zwoman was conceived to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka and Odia Coates, while I was conceived to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) by George Harrison.

And zdaughter was, predictably, conceived to Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.

Waste a little time this Friday and tell me whatcha got in the comments.

12 comments:

Marls said...

Laughter in the rain, Neil Sedaka

Marls said...

Foreshadowing her love of people fouling out of basketball games, Mrs. Marls has Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam

TR said...

New Jersey DMV is keeping it real here in Springfield, NJ.

T.J. said...

"Disco Lady", by Johnnie Taylor

zman said...

I assume Marls was conceived to The Joker.

Mark said...

The WCF are probably going to result in a significant sleep deficit for me but its worth it. Last night's game was as entertaining a game as I've seen in some time. If you didn't enjoy watching that then you I think you don't like basketball.

Mark said...

The #1 song on my day of birth was...the Star Wars Theme? I mean, I'm totally cool with that. I just didn't realize that had ever been a #1 song.

TR said...

The disco version of that song was/is badass.

rob said...

on my birthday, it was ray stevens' 'everything is beautiful'. because i'm beautiful.

and i was conceived to the archies' 'sugar, sugar'. because awwww, yeah.

in a somewhat interesting coincidence, my oldest daughter entered the world to the strains of u2's 'beautiful day', which was playing on the cd player we brought to the hospital.

TR said...

When I clicked on the "Harry Poter star strips down" clickbait, I was hoping for something besides a shirtless Neville Longbottom. Bummer.

zman said...

Nadal is seeded #6 at the French Open. Because he only won 9 of the last 10 titles there.

Whitney said...

Diana Ross, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Probably owing to my height. And maybe something else.