Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Quit while I'm ahead? Never...

I'm sure most everyone has tuned out by now, but I'm having too much fun with this nonsense to stop now. In a nutshell, Mike Mussina has finally lost it, serving up more runs recently than a drunken Whitney in his doubleheader-pitching heyday...and I am just the guy to find my beloved Yankees a "suitable" replacement for Moose in their rotation. Our final candidate (for today at least) makes C.C. Sabathia look slender, leading to serious concerns from management about his stamina, but I'm pretty sure what "The Clown Prince of Hip-Hop" lacks in athleticism he makes up for in clubhouse presence. I imagine he and Shelley Duncan will get along just fine...

7 comments:

T.J. said...

Get that man a beer bong:

New Minnesota Golden Gophers football coach Tim Brewster, on why he will visit every fraternity and sorority when students get on campus to plead for their support: "We've got 54,000 students. There's no reason why we shouldn't have 60,000 fans at every home game."

Whitney said...

Ah, the inimitable Marcel Hall. He's got my vote.

And I gave up more runs than Mussina. Fewer hits, more runs.

Mark said...

I met Biz in Philly during All-star weekend while drunk late on Saturday night. After I came back from talking to him for a minute or two, the two girls I was at the bar with asked me, "Umm, who was that homeless guy you were talking too?"

T.J. said...

And Mark said, without skipping a beat, "He was just a friend."

T.J. said...

I was pulling for Right Said Fred, but this will do:

NEW YORK -- Mike Mussina is out. Call up another kid.

The New York Yankees dropped a struggling Mussina from their rotation Tuesday, turning to touted prospect Ian Kennedy over a pitcher with 247 major league wins -- in the middle of a pennant race.

T.J. said...

I got a good chuckle out of this:

http://mapsforus.org/

T.J. said...

Yeah, he's the answer:

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers claimed right-hander Esteban Loaiza off waivers from the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday, assuming nearly $8.5 million in guaranteed salary.