Monday, August 13, 2007

Because I’m tired of looking at...

...Larry King's mugshot (well, really, Whit is apparently more sick of it than me, since he took the time out of his "busy" schedule to send an email), you get to enjoy the video below. So yeah, I'm basically masking my love of YouTube video posting (not very well I might add) as a new Monday feature here at G:TB. As I sat in that seventh level of Hell called O'Hare airport last Thursday afternoon, I was trying to decide what my favorite Chicago-based film was...and after quickly dismissing Nico Toscani and his tour de force performance in Above the Law, the contest came down to two films for me, and though we all loved pre-vehicular manslaughter Matthew Broderick as Ferris, Jake and Elwood cannot be topped. Enjoy...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Those two films are must-haves in any videophile's (that doesn't mean what you think it does, Teejay) collection.

But the best, and I do mean best film set in Chicago is The Untouchables. A great film overall with several of my favorite all-time movie scenes in it. It's the Chicago way, and it's . . . untouchable.

Greg said...

And the worst movie set in Chicago....Blues Brothers 2000.

Whitney said...

Karl Rove resigned from his job at the White House today.

Rove said his resignation would not stop lawmakers from investigating him.

"I'm Moby Dick and we've got three or four members of Congress who are trying to cast themselves in the part of Captain Ahab," Rove said. "So they're going to keep coming."


Wow. A pasty, pudgy guy whom millions of people think is the biggest douchethrottle on earth calls himself "Moby Dick." I enjoy that.