Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Because I’m tired of looking at...

...LeVar Burton, I figured I'd submit my first candidate to replace "Don't Cry For Me" Mike Mussina in the Yankees rotation (despite what Mike thinks of himself**, he is going to get replaced...at this point, even Carl Pavano looks like a decent alternative). On the plus side, Jimmy the Greek said that since this candidate is Hispanic he'll be good at baseball. Of course, on the flip side, candidate numero uno will most likely get tossed from virtually every game he plays in due to the oil and lotion that drips on the ball each inning. Enjoy the bullpen Moose...

**Mussina's ego might even be bigger than his ERA. When the New York Times questioned Musina about possibly being replaced in the rotation, his retort was "Who are they going to replace me with?"

9 comments:

rob said...

wow, that's quite a non-sequitur. kudos to you, sir.

T.J. said...

Pending my work schedule today, you might just be lucky enough to have a few more candidates posted.

rob said...

last night's anderson cooper 360 on cnn led with 20 minutes on vick - on the day the everlovin' (and ever-incompetent) attorney general of the us of a resigned. prioritize much?

T.J. said...

So I just need the Nats to close out the year 4-26 to win my bet? No problem.

Greg said...

Alberto Gonzales' reign of terror is over. Everybody's lives are exactly the same.

rob said...

yes, greg, at this precise moment, all of our lives are exactly the same.

rob said...

except larry craig. his is a bit more complicated.

Whitney said...

So I'm stuffing my face at the local Five Guys today, sitting at a table by myself (always cool) amid a crowded lunch hour when the overly loud classic rock mix begins cranking out the opening notes to "What a Fool Believes." I try, but I cannot get away from hearing the line, "That's what a fool believes, Kenny!!" and recalling the scenes that follow. I begin laughing and commence choking on my burger. It nearly killed me, and it certainly embarrassed me, but I'd like to thank one H. Greg Bildegland for introducing me to the smooth music revolution and the glory of Yacht Rock.

T.J. said...

Candidate #2 is up...