Thursday, April 28, 2005

How about a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up?

Curt Schilling needs to learn when to drone on and on about his courageous performances and when to simply keep his mouth shut. An entire Nation of sports fans have given Curt carte blanche to speak his mind, but I think these people forget what a loud mouth arrogant prick this guy is. What generated this early morning attack at Sir Curt (besides lack of coffee)? These asinine comments directed toward Devil Ray manager Lou Piniella, after yet another scrum between Piniella's hapless bunch and Schilling's Sox teammates:

"The problem is when you're playing a team with a manager who somehow forgot how the game is played, there's problems," Schilling said on a Boston radio station Tuesday. "This should have been over a little bit ago. Lou's trying to make his team be a bunch of tough guys, and the telling sign is when the players on that team are saying, 'This is why we lose 100 games a year, because this idiot makes us do stuff like this.' They [Rays players] said that on the field."

Mr. Schilling, Lou Piniella doesn't need me to defend him (mainly because he did a damn good job himself, see below), but I feel compelled to anyway because of your arrogance. Can't you keep your mouth shut? Having him on the DL only makes it worse - perhaps he has some grand plan to fix the country's Social Security problems. Don't worry, if he does, he'll let us know all about it.

Sweet Lou's response to fathead:

"Forget how the game is played? I have forgotten more baseball than this guy knows," Piniella said.
"On the idiot subject, I'm appalled he would actually say something like that. I had a meeting with my team and to a man they denied it. He's questioning my character and integrity and that is wrong. He's never played for me, never really spoken to me, so he really doesn't know what I stand for.
"If I were Curt, I would be really embarrassed at the cheap shot he took and get the story correct. I'll tell you I've always admired his pitching ability and competitiveness, but I can honestly tell you I've lost a lot of respect for him. I'm looking forward to talking to Curt myself and get this matter cleared up," he said.


And Squirrel, before you get on your high horse (ladder-aided of course) to defend your post-season hero...how was Gordon Matthew Sumner last night? Did he open with Fields of Gold?

9 comments:

Geoff said...

I think Sting's career peaked with his portrayal of Billy Idol during "The Sintra Group" skit. All down hill from there.

And, did Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart show up so they could perform that ghastly "All For One" song from "The Three Muskateers." What a steaming pile of shit that was.

T.J. said...

Free, free, set them free...

Geoff said...

And Canada has repeatedly apologized for Bryan Adams.

rob said...

I went to a Sting show last night, and a rock and roll concert broke out. More than 2/3 of the set was old-school (and often obscure) Police, including Demolition Man, Invisible Sun, Message in a Bottle, Spirits in the Material World, Roxanne, When the World is Running Down and Every Breath You Take.

The band was a stripped down, 4-piece combo - no horns, no jazz stuff, no easy listening, just straight ahead rock and roll by really talented musicians. Dominic Miller on lead guitar was fan-freaking-tastic.

I got the tickets as a gift for my wife - not that I don't like Sting, just that I really loved the Police - and expected a night of easy-listening and hoped for a few Police nuggets thrown in. Very pleasantly surprised.

And you're not gonna bait me on this Schilling thing, because I think he needs to chew on a big wad of shutthefuckup.

Jamie Dawn said...

I just stumbled randomly onto your blog. The title of this post cracks me up! I'm not a big sports fan, so I can't say much about Curt. I know he's a great pitcher and I saw him on the news with a few others regarding steroids. In that group, I thought McGwire was the funniest because he was really squirming and then second funniest was Sosa because he just repeated everything McG said.
It sounds like quite a battle between two macho guys according to your post...but what do I know?

Whitney said...

Curt Schilling needs a serious spork-full of shut-the-heck-up. Or a longneck bottle of shut-your-freakin'-mouth. Or a huge toke off the shut-up pipe.

T.J. said...

The owner of the D-rays is not a very popular guy:
http://www.vincemustgo.com/
AND
http://www.oustnaimoli.com/oust/

T.J. said...

Rather than me rambling on for paragraphs about her, I will simply direct you to USA Today's hatchet job of Paula:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-04-24-idol-paula-judging-style_x.htm

T.J. said...

Ah, someone else knocking Curt down a notch. I like it:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=page2/schilling/050428