Thursday, April 14, 2005

Everything is coming up Milhouse

It's Day 4 at the new gig, and I must say, things are going splendidly, minus the annoyance of Lotus Notes. Who are the ad wizards that came up with this? It is nice though to tell your new boss, "Yeah, I've gotten alot done; in fact, in the last 2 hours I figured out how to change the background color on my email." Yesterday, I was told I will be getting a Diner's Club card, and I immediately wondered outloud if I would be the only person under the age of 65 with one. I hear Telly Savalas will present the card to me as soon as he is done burning down Ving Rhames' house. Enough about the job - I am thoroughly pumped because I'm going to see the hometown Nats tonight in their RFK opener, and if I keep consumption levels low enough, I am hoping for a nice little recap tomorrow. Got Wilk?

Best Wiz Update of the Year:
Eastern Conference
1. z-Miami
2. y-Detroit
3. x-Boston
4. x-Chicago
5. x-Indiana
6. x-Washington
7. Cleveland
8. Philadelphia
9. New Jersey
And that wonderful "x" means the Wiz have clinched a Playoff Spot. I look forward to that case of Coors Light Mr. Laster.

Some housekeeping issues from below:
- Dennis hates Ichiro. I don't know why, but he does, and frankly, I have no problem with that. Hopefully Dennis can expand his hatred to all races and religions, not just Japanese singles hitters. Reach for the stars Dennis.

- Mr. Wilson posted a clip, a Mr. T clip, below, and if you haven't watched it yet, shame on you. Mr. T at his finest.

- Mr. Earls directed my attention to a RIDICULOUS story involving a former NFL kicker, and man oh man, it sure does have a hint of the insanity that was Ray Finkle. If Cole Ford changes his name to Lois Einhorn we have a problem.

Olden Polynice strikes again...
WINDERMERE, Fla. -- Police across the state are on the lookout for a man pretending to be the Windermere police chief. He's already pulled one woman over, but she managed to get away.
The chief of police in Windermere just put the "be on the lookout" alert in effect Wednesday afternoon. It seems this impersonator has pretended to be the chief before. But, last night, the man slipped up and his intended victim knew it.

Finally, in my capacity as Governor of Cheeseland, I decree...
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A proposal to legalize the killing of feral cats is not going to succeed, Gov. Jim D said Wednesday.
"I don't think Wisconsin should become known as a state where we shoot cats," said D, a Democrat who neither hunts nor owns a cat. "What it does is sort of hold us up as a state that everybody is kind of laughing at right now."

8 comments:

T.J. said...

Have I mentioned how amped I am to see Chocolate City's hometown 9?

T.J. said...

Minutes of entertainment - Go here, and try to get Judging Amy canceled:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/save-our-shows.htm

T.J. said...

This is why I love Page Six:

PARIS Hilton needs a new friend. PAGE SIX first reported that she and Nicole Richie were on the rocks, and now, "The Insider" is reporting that Fox is searching for a replacement for Richie on "The Simple Life." Nicole will stay with Fox, maybe working on a "Newlyweds"-like reality show with her fiancé DJ AM, a k a Adam Goldstein, as cameras follow the planning of their upcoming wedding. As for Hilton's possible new co-star? Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's names pop up as dream partners for the rowdy Hilton.

Geoff said...

Tommy...looks like my boss is taking tonight's tickets, so I won't see you there. But I think I'm going to the Saturday 1pm game.

And if Judging Amy gets cancelled, then where will I get my Tyne Daly fix? WHERE TJ? WHERE!!!!

Dennis said...

Just because Ichiro uses Japanese- engineered performance enhancing substances that the stupid USA can't detect, doesn't mean I can't claim he's a cheater. They are very, very sneaky you know . . .

T.J. said...

Have no fear Geoffrey:
http://safesearching.com/2k/greenroom/tynedaly/

Geoff said...

Yeah, after reviewing those pictures, that sound I hear is Tyne's phone ringing with the casting director of "The Terri Schiavo Story" on the other line. It's the role she was born to play.

T.J. said...

mmmmmnegh
nggnugh

This site continues to astound me...http://durrrrr.blogspot.com/