Thursday, April 14, 2005

Calling You Out: Thomas Orenthal James Simspon

TJ, I am officially asking you to step it up over here at Gheorghe. Milhouse Van Houten the Simspons (sic)character is named after Richard Nixon's middle name and the spelling is only altered slighty. Your grasp on television minutia is slipping. Meanwhile, did you really just recap all of the recent posts? Is this a clip show?

Moreover, every site evolves over time, but you are steering this ship until November with Rob and me at MLC, so let's see something, dammit. Remember the guy who wrote:

http://gheorghe77.blogspot.com/2004/08/original-thought-for-once.html

I often enjoy your Leno-esque/Chuck Shepherd news of the Weird news reporting, but it has to be a segment among many, not a poor man's Smoking Gun blog. Put your oddly thorough knowledge of pop culture, your interesting twist on anything resembling fashion, and your bizarre antipathy toward anything with more than three ingredients and meld them together in a website that is Extreme TJ. Outline your diet for the week and tell us what classy ensemble you threw together today. Give out your bull-in-the-china-shop engagement period blunders. Rehash ancient yarns about The Old TJ, the guy who drank until he bled from the ears.

Be the blog, TJ, be the blog.

And Dennis, any more anti-Oriental comments and Jack Blapanese and I are going to pay you a little visit.

[By the way, my use of "Oriental" was tongue in cheek, but if that term really is actually offensive to people (who don't have dictionaries, since their interpreation of it defies all true English usage), isn't it just a matter of time before the PC Police deem "Asian" an offensive term because it's geared at the race of people formerly classified as Mongoloid (before that term came to mean Down's syndrome victim) and wholly ignores Asians like Indians, Middle Easterners, some Russians, and the oft-maligned Nepalese??? How abhorrently cruel to those people, really.]

But I digress. This post was meant to motivate TJ to take Gheorghe to a place that doesn't insult its namesake. I know he can do it. I would, but I'm too busy running another blog into the ground.

6 comments:

T.J. said...

My god you have alot of free time on your hands.

T.J. said...

And stop trying to avoid the Wiz bet.

Whitney said...

It took 5 minutes! You can do it.

I know, I owe you a case of the Silver Bullet. Nice taste in beer for you.

Dennis said...

I'm unfamiliar with this tounge-in-cheek ... business of which you speak...

I will not eat them on a boat. Or eat them with a goat.

Clicks.

Jerry said...

LAYETH THE SMACKETH DOWN!!!!

T.J. said...

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!!! KANE KANE KANE!!!!