Friday, June 14, 2013

Hipster Trifecta: You Can Feel It (It's Electric!)



For those of you who live/work in/near urban enclaves and enjoy silently mocking everybody you encounter on your daily sojourn, I offer up a fun game I like to call Hipster Trifecta.  In this game, you seek out hipsters with beards, flannel and visible tattoos.  These are the three tenets of the incredibly specific uniforms worn by our fine youth who like to think they are expressing their individuality by dressing like everybody else.  It makes for fun viewing.  You can tally them on your commute, mall trip, night out, etc. When you find one, you can throw him away. It makes the world a better place.

(h/t to Mark for providing this photo of himself)

A similar game started when I went to Aspen to visit a friend and learned to snowboard in 2002.  I was amazed at the number of dudes who rocked one-piece ski suits and fanny packs on slopes.  I spent the whole week looking for my own trifecta (one-piece, fanny pack, mustache).  I finally spied one my last day and took a picture of him. Not sure if he was psyched about that.  An obnoxiously wealthy co-worker of mine at the time told me that he didn't understand the mockery of the one-piece because his dad wore one that was custom-made for him.  Made me feel even better about indirectly making fun of his dad. 

If you really want to do some elephant hunting, you can further refine your search to the Quadfecta (note to readers: we are still working on that name), which counts hipsters with beards, flannel, visible tattoos and big round-rimmed glasses.  If you do find one of these rare creatures, please take a picture and email it to our web site (support@gheorghetheblogtheemailaddress.net). We will post it.  Do not fear the reaction of the creature you photograph.  They are timid and feeble by nature and will do you no harm. 

Happy Friday folks.  More fotos de testiculos next week. 

28 comments:

rob said...

tr's surge of productivity is inspirational. makes clarence want to have one more beer.

rob said...

of course, so does the clock striking the next minute.

rob said...

shlara's boytoy having a bit of a rough go this afternoon.

Shlara said...

I'm not giving up on Adam...

Mark said...

Luckily for me I live in such a hot climate I don't wear much flannel. I prefer hoodies anyway. Two out of three ain't bad.

And I don't blend in very well at this golf resort. I know, I'm shocked too.

Mark said...

Also, I'd never wear a beanie like that. Shameful.

zman said...

By "like that" you mean with your carefully styled hair hanging out of it?

Danimal said...

mark, you need to pick yourself up a tam o'shanter, camo perhaps. that should do the trick.

rob said...

mark, your boy billy horschel sitting pretty in the clubhouse at merion right now. could well be leading by nightfall.

Squeaky said...

No boogie woogie tag?

Danimal said...

Jacksonville boy.

Clarence said...

My dad was offered (by my sister) a ticket to today's round. He bought a flight from Norfolk to Philly early this AM. Flight cancelled, next available gets him there after nightfall. Boo to the Norfolk airport, happy Father's Day, Dad. Sucks to be you.

Danimal said...

Happy with the lack of Berman on the telly today. I think the message has been received.

zman said...

Is there a golf match today?

Mark said...

I try not to mess my hair up with a hat, Z.

Billy Horschel is not only a Gator but also a Melbourne native. Obviously an awesome dude.

rob said...

i really want horschel in the final pairing on sunday. mostly for these pants:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/octopus-pants-billy-horschel-doing-dominating-merion-235217298.html

rob said...

hmmm, danimal claims him as a jacksonville native, mark as a melbourner. you guys wanna arm-wrestle for it?

Danimal said...

He lives here.

Danimal said...

Never said native. No arm wrestling contest needed.

rob said...

backed down pretty quickly for a winchestrian. skeered?

Danimal said...

Yes. And was pointing out that you were wrong. Please don't put words in my mouth little fella. But yeah, I wouldn't know Mark if he tripped over me but would venture to guess he would beat me in an arm wrestling contest, as he would other neighborhood class elite endurance athletes. Just sayin.

zman said...

Ghrantland continues to shamelessly rip us off.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/65556/83-day-nfl-warning-c-j-spiller-feature-back

rob said...

i'm never wrong, danimal. occasionally misinterpreted, but never wrong. mostly.

TR said...

Nothing fratty about the guys starting in the 6-9 spots for the Yankees tonight: Thomas Neal, David Adams, Reid Brignac, Austin Romine. When you look at Sabathia's 4+ ERA, you can make a case for Girardi as manager of the year.

rob said...

kentucky/indiana high school all-star game took place today. college with the most commits: william & mary, with a total of 3 players in the game, including 2 kentucky starters.

'course, at the half, the 3 w&m commits had a combined zero points.

rob said...

gheorghies, hello. and good night.

Mark said...

Hello Gheorghies. Like Kate Upton, Horschel is a Melbourne native. We do it big round here. Well, not really.

zman said...

Melbourne Australia?

Bon nuit les Gheorghies!