Thursday, February 02, 2012

Float Like a Butterfly

When I was a kid, I loved to say the name 'Angelo Dundee'. It had a lyrical quality that amused and fascinated me. One can only be but so saddened to hear of the passing of a 90 year-old man, but as this year-old interview shows, Dundee wasn't exactly doddering around on his last legs. (If anyone can figure out how to embed that, be my guest.) I think we can all take something from his favorite saying, "It don't cost nothing to be nice."

The acclaimed trainer of Muhammad Ali and 14 other champions passed yesterday from complications of a blood clot. In one of those odd coincidences that aren't really either, former St. Louis basketball coach and legendary raconteur Charlie Spoonhour died yesterday, as well.

St. Peter's green room is a fun place to be today.

1 comment:

Squeaky said...

Need a case for that iphone and want to help support breast cancer research buy this phone case: http://www.savingbreasts.com/

nsfw