Friday, June 02, 2006

Wasn't Wite-Out invited by Monkee Mike Nesmith's mom?

I was all set to make a triumphant return with useless baseball rants (I mean, the Royals? What a debacle) and the traditional oddball news story (Exhibit A your honor), but then I became transfixed watching the Suns/Mavs track meet last night and I decided to go another route (I guess that made me a "Nowitzness"). For 3+ quarters that was a fantastic game, with the Mavs finally pulling away behind the superb play of one Dirk Nowitzki (50 and 12 last night)...and that's where our story begins. Watching Dirk last night, I realized he has already jumped onto one of the most (made up) prestigious lists in NBA history. What list you say? Well, since I am a racist S.O.B. (speaking of racism, if you haven't seen the South Park "Gingers" episode, do so immediately - perhaps the greatest work Cartman has ever done), you might guess where this is going. I started compiling in my head the greatest whiteys to ever grace the NBA hardwood (and I don't want to hear about Dirk being a European whitey rather than a homegrown whitey...he's still pale as a ghost and that gets him on this list) and I feel the Chancellor of the Charity Stripe debuts on the charts at #9, with some serious potential to climb into the Top 5 if his career path continues as it has. Enough rambling from me...GTB is now proud to present the

Top Ten Honkeys in NBA History* (you bet your ass this is a subjective list...just look at #10)

1. Larry Bird - Do I really need to go into any detail here?
2. Jerry West - Yep, the league based its logo on him, that's good enough for me. Though I'll never understand his last few drafts in Memphis.
3. John Havlicek - The first of four Celtics on this list. Too many you say? Get over it assface, I say.
4. Bill Bradley - Runs one helluva political campaign too.
5. George Mikan - I gotta throw the old guy a bone. Besides, who else has a practice drill named after them? As far as I can tell, it's just Mikan and Jimmy Suicide of the 82-83 San Diego Clippers.
6. John Stockton - Why is he above Cousy? Because I actually saw this guy play games, and don't have to catch all his higlights via Zapruder film.
7. Bob Cousy - Bonus points for his complete destruction of the English language during all Celts broadcasts.
8. Kevin McHale - Also makes the prestigious "Ugliest Guys in NBA History" list. Quite an achievement for Kev, but don't expect to see him on any "Best GMs in History" list.
9. Dirk Nowitzki - Sure, the Suns might not be able to guard Lumpless Gravy, but the guy still has been phenomenal in this series (minus Game 4) and the playoffs overall. Dirk Diggler is now the bigtymer he (and Mr. Nelson) always dreamed he could be. Cue the Night Ranger.
10. Gheorghe Muresan - Did you seriously think I would do this list without giving Big Gheorghe props? By the way, since I have been a deadbeat these last two weeks, I probably haven't mentioned that I now have an autographed photo of Gheorghe adorning my cube. Good times indeed.

*Apologies to: Dave DeBusschere, Chris Mullin, Pete Maravich
*A seatbelt and airbag to: Drazen Petrovic, Bobby Hurley
*A flaming bag of poop to: Greg Kite, Luc Longley, Jack Sikma, Tom Chambers (though he was awesome in NBA Jam), Vlade Divac, Dolph AND Danny Schayes
*A first class letter bomb to: Greg Ostertag, Raef LaFrentz

20 comments:

Geoff said...

Rick Berry and Bob Petit warrant some serious consideration...and Geroge Mikan, in his day, was a more dominant force than every player above him. Dolph Schayes also might warrant consideration.

Oh, and how many guys on that list have less MVPs than Steve Nash?

Oh, and Havlicek is way too high...much like you last weekend.

T.J. said...

Amazingly, I forgot Steve Nash and his back-to-back MVPs, despite watching him for 48 minutes last night.

Trust me, I wish the last statement were true.

Michael Jack said...

Not even a shout out for Thunder Dan?

T.J. said...

Thunder Dan was also awesome in NBA jame, but then again, who wasn't? I just thought of a great addition:

Flexy Rexy Chapman

Geoff said...

Swint--this is for you my friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_8ib4cOpRQ&search=thunder%20dan

Geoff said...

REX IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That joke is for me and Salts...and no one else...but he's laughing...

T.J. said...

NBA jame is of course the stupid French version of NBA Jam, where Boris Diaw and Tony Parker are 1,000 times better than every other player.

Geoff said...

And everyone gets their turn dunking on Frederic Weis...

T.J. said...

Ah yes, the 15th pick in the 1999 draft. The 16th pick? Crazy ass Ron Artest.

T.J. said...

Or Kiki Vandeweghe for that matter. The author must've been drunk.

Anonymous said...

Kurt Rambis! Kurt Rambis! Kurt Rambis!

T.J. said...

How can we talk about Dirk without talk of his Kraut predecessor (I've been watching alot of Band of Brothers) Detlef Schrempf?

Geoff said...

I once lost 12 pounds arguing someone into the ground after they attempted a "Kurt Rambis should be in the Hall of Fame" offensive.

Josh Campbell said...

Not even a little love Scott Skiles

Rob said...

What? No Brad Lohaus?

rob said...

who the fuck is this imposter "rob"? only one rob allowed here, sizzlechest. capitalize your name or something.

on a completely related note, i was in philly today, listening to the idiots on wip talk about the best whiteys in nba history. didn't know until i got home that they blatantly stole from my man teejay. validating yet once again my utter disdain for that asscrack of a city.

jamesmnordbergjr said...

steve kerr, anyone?
barkley called him the best shooter in the nba at one time

Mark said...

Or the godfather of German basketball himself, Uwe Blab?

T.J. said...

Oh man...

http://www.badoj.com/

Major Combs said...

You owe apologies to Rick Barry and Bill Walton too. Team them with Dave DeBusschere, Chris Mullin, and Pete Maravich, and you would give any other five a real contest.