Monday, August 23, 2004

An original thought for once

The USA hoops team has been analyzed and overanalyzed more times in the last month than the upcoming election. Kerry/Bush? Who cares when we can publicly vilify Starbury and Co. (actually, I enjoy killing that guy, but that's not the point). Professional writers, unlike this hack, have seemingly attacked the story from every conceivable angle. In my humble opinion I believe they've missed one. Now forgive me if someone has written this, but despite popular belief, I do not read every sports article ever posted on the internet. I think we have this team all wrong. I contend that when this US team wins the gold medal in a week, we will have seen the 2nd best Olympic hoops team ever, second only to the original Dream Team. Readers of this blog (still a question mark) are sure to ask if I'm smoking Ricky's stash, but bear with me for a second. All we hear about is how awful our team is and how improved every other country's team is (save poor Angola - the Barkley hangover still seems to be in effect). Well, if that's really the case, than this team will be beating the best competition the rest of the world can provide. The 2004 incarnation of the Dream Team will be beating the world's best teams ever (and if you're thinking he seems to be forgetting those Russian superteams of years gone by, you're right, I am, deal with it). For that we should stand up and cheer them (except Starbury of course), not scream obscenities at them like Skip Bayless in his free time. Now let's just hope Larry Brown and my new favorite hoops team read this and get fired up. Otherwise, I'll just have to delete this post Friday (just kidding, kinda). I wonder where Ricky keeps his chips, I'm starving all of a sudden...


2 comments:

T.J. said...

The point, as always...I AM AN IDIOT

Dave said...

Hello everyone I want to introduce you guys to a group a private investigators who can help you with information you need in any situation in life and they are ready to follow you step by step until your case is cleared just contact +17078685071 and you will happily ever after
Premiumhackservices@gmail.com