Thursday, February 10, 2005

Everybody Hates Raymond

Felton, that is. So you're the lightning-quick point guard of a team trying to score a basket in the final 18 seconds of a HUGE game, and you can't even generate a shot? Even after your defender has gone for a steal and given you a clear lane to the basket? That was an atrocious job you did Raymond. Yes, the game was at Duke, and yes, Rashad McCants played like he took multiple bong hits, but UNC had a great shot at winning that game, until Felton turned into chic choke artist of the week Donovan F. McNabb. On another note, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I missed Dickie V's ranting last night, especially when the alternative is the team of super a-hole Billy Packer (look Whit, spelled it right on the first try) and local news donkey Tim Brant.

The hockey season might finally be cancelled this weekend. I think I was more upset when Boomtown was cancelled.

This link is for Swint's Eyes Only. Isn't that Gavin DeGraw dreamy?

Hey, at least I didn't name her Vic..."I gave her a beautiful middle name, Simone. If she hates Tu, she can always be Simone." -- "Numb3rs" star ROB MORROW on naming his daughter TU MORROW, quoted in The Philadelphia Inquirer.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Blowhard Billy Packer and Terrible Tim Brant were pretty bad last night, but it was a nice break from Dickie V's antics. Actually, I would have liked to have heard what Vitale's comments were on this crapcake of a big-time basketball game. UNC-Duke is always going to entertain, and 71-70 is always going to mean a good game in the sense of the drama, but for a match-up of two top 10 teams, this was the most shoddily played contest I've seen in a long time. Brick-chucking interspersed with airballs galore, idiotic decision-making (see TJ's take on the final play), bad fouls, turnovers galore, consistent ball-handling like one digit per hand had been removed, etc. Just awful.

Tim Brant kept oohing and ahing, just happy to be there, and repeatedly asking rhetorically (and idiotically), "Does it get any better than this?" And every time, I kept saying, "Yes it does, and I wish it would."

Again, high on drama and consequence, so it held me to the end, but it was a train wreck.

T.J. said...

A train wreck that needed Dickie V as conductor. With Mike Patrick shoveling the coal.