Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wiz Watch

Your Washington Wizards -- and by "your" I mean TJ's -- are 17-13 and in 4th place, which is seemingly still impressive, but consider these facts:
  • They are only a half-game out of 5th, where I said they'd be by now
  • They are 3 games out of 9th place
  • They are 14-3 against teams under .500, 2-10 against teams over .500
  • Their next 10 games feature 7 opponents over .500 (most of them well above .500)
  • Larry Hughes can't figure out which is the "pass" button on his controller
  • What TJ wrote below

Oh, and one more thing...

  • They are the Washington Wizards (nee Bullets)

I still root for them, I promise, but I'm just not buying into their supposed reversal of fortune.

In other NBA news: The New Orleans Hornets are 2-28, and Mardi Gras hasn't even happened yet. I know how I'd function at work if I lived in New Orleans, so I say give 'em a break.

5 comments:

T.J. said...

Other Hornets news: The second half was delayed last night because they had no basketball. Seriously. No truth to the rumor that Byron Scott hid all the balls in the locker room hoping for a forfeit.

Whitney said...

Back to the Wizards -- ESPN.com is hyping (albeit very mildly) the upcoming Wiz-Sonics game as being a throwback to the '78 and '79 Finals. Really? I don't think there's any lingering bad blood between the two stemming from those series, except maybe in Wes Unseld's mind. In fact, nobody remembers those Finals except as (a) the last time Washington was a contender and (b) the downtime of the coke years before Magic and Bird entered and invigorated the NBA once again.

Jerry said...

Wes Unseld....YOU ARE THE BAMA OF THE WEEK!!!!

Geoff said...

Did you guys know that Wes Unseld could throw a full court chest pass--baseline to baseline...seriously.

Geoff said...

Oh, and, Shhhhhhhhh, here come the Wiz....