Monday, January 17, 2005

Brien Is Einhorn, Einhorn Is Brien

Ray Finkle had nothing on Doug Brien. Yeah, 47 and 43 yarders are no gimme, but he is a professional kicker right? He is paid TO WIN THE GAME right? What am I missing here? A full day of wedding planning nicely ended at 4:15 or so, allowing me to sit down and root on Herm and the boys. The early deficit, the punt return by everyone' favorite cliche-botcher Santana Moss, the interception return, Jerome's fumble, I mean it was all there, and here comes Mr. Brien to kill it. Twice. Apparently, Brien's misses were the first time in NFL postseason history a player missed two FG attempts in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter. Clutch performances aren't exactly the forte of my teams this year. At least I had all my other picks right...

No comments: