Wednesday, January 31, 2024

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day Twelve(s)

On the twelfth day of Gheorghemas, Big Gheorghe gave to me

Twelve Lists of Twelve
Eleven Months of Magic
Eight Amazing Quotes from Barbie (A Shlara Joint)
Seven Weeks of Sobriety*

Okay, it's time. I've bemoaned before how much more difficult it is to come up with 12 of something I enjoy that need celebrating Gheorghe-style... or that I want to recommend... or that I can even think of... than it is to, say, think of two books to recommend. (Okay, well, it's nearly as difficult.) 

And yet I accept this mantle, fool that I must be. What a mantle piece I am.

Well, December came and went, as it did in 2022. Snow fell. Elves worked. People drank with the reckless abandon that comes with the vicious combo of holiday cheer and the knowledge that Dry January looms. (At least I did. Phew.) Santa came through. As did Hannukah Harry and other substitutes for hard religion. 

Gheorghemas... sat still at Day 11. Kudos to the gheorghies for fine work in Gmas 2023. Whatever mild mockery I took, more was deserved.

So here I sit, broken hearted. Or at least stumped for 12 things. Sorry!

Broadway Joe has your 12 right here

Nah, just kidding. F that. 

I've got 12... TWELVE... XII... lists of 12 things for Day 12! Just for you, gheorghies. 

Yes, it's true. 12 lists. Some will demonstrate considerate thought on the part of the author. Some will be... uh... slight. (Hey, Marls only had 9 predictions to list and more than one was a repeat of last year!)

Oh, all 12 will be here before you know it! Stay tuned.  Check back later today! They'll be here before Groundhog Eve or my name's not... whatever it is today. 

6 comments:

zman said...

GTB has trailers now!

rob said...

oh, but this is some holiday trickeration! you sly devil, you.

rob said...

big news for the teej's second-favorite footy team. gio reyna headed to nottingham forest on loan from dortmund. the american kid needs some first-team action.

rootsminer said...

I can’t wait!

Marls said...

Gheorghe: The Tease

Whitney said...

List 1 is up!