Tuesday, December 05, 2023

The Twelve Days of Gheorghemas: Day 2

On the second day of Gheorghemas 

Big Gheorghe gave to me...

Two books for your Gheorghemas wish list
And a doofus to lead this country

I assume you're all working on your Gheorghemas wish lists.  For Day 2 of Gheorghemas, I'm channeling my inner Dave and recommending two books for you to include.  But I'm not Dave so my list will be fun and reflect the spirit of Gheorghemas.

First is Ghostface Killah's forthcoming biography titled "Rise of a Killah."  According to the publisher, the book "is intense rather than comprehensive," which I guess translates to "it's short."  It isn't available until May 14, 2024, but Gheorghemas often drags on for several months (and in fact Gheorghemas 2015 is still ongoing as the twelfth day hasn't published yet) so it will be a timely gift nonetheless.  I, of course, will opt for the digital audio version, nah mean.   Hopefully Jack Urbont and Andrew Coffman will enter appearances.

Second is "The Ananda Accords" by Zeke Springer.  I've known Zeke for over 20 years and I'm stumping hard for his self-published first novel.  It's a sci-fi thriller about a peace mission gone wrong.  Go get it on Amazon.

12 comments:

rob said...

gheorghemas off to a heater

rootsminer said...

At first glance, these look like two very different books.

zman said...

Thanks for adding the second photo, I thought of that at the outset but forgot by the time I was done writing. This post was an exhausting effort.

Whitney said...

It was?

rob said...

there was one?

Whitney said...

If you're a stupid lazy reader like me, you could have read the second book and thought it said The Anacondas Accords. Which would be a very different sort of book.

OBX dave said...

Springer book has 4- and 5-star reviews on Amazon and GoodReads, albeit small sample. So either sci-fi types stumbled onto it and enjoyed, or friends and family lit up reviews. Also, brief author bio makes him sound like an interesting cat.

zman said...

Being a Mets fan from the Bronx is interesting indeed.

Whitney said...

Mets Township! We pop up in random places. Like fungus.

Marls said...

God bless the NCAA, they are trying but their proposal is DOA because of football.

Danimal said...

Hello people!

Marls said...

Daniel (tips cap)…