Thursday, January 18, 2024

WCSAGD Regional Edition - Squeaky Lives Large

I have to crank this WCSAGD post out before the car at issue disappears from the internet.  As I said before, Squeaky is a sneaky car guy and baller.  And the perfect car is now on sale a few miles from his home.  I don't mean the perfect car for Squeaky, I mean the perfect car, period.  This car.


This is a 2024 Goodwood Green over Cognac Audi RS6 Avant Performance available at Herb Chambers Audi in Brookline, MA, the dealer from which I bought my first Audi.  In addition to having the practicality of all-wheel drive, 30 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seatback up and 59 cubic feet with it down, it makes 621 horsepower.  And it's beautiful.

I want one of these very very badly, and in fact I recently went to my local dealer to inquire about getting one in Goodwood Green, an Audi Exclusive special order color, over cognac.  Despite the fact that you can build an RS6 in myriad Exclusive interior and exterior colors online using that link, you can't get Audit to do it for you in real life.  This is the last year of the current generation of RS6 so all the builds are spoken for.  I thought my Goodwood Green dreams would never come to fruition.  But then I started poking around on the Audi USA inventory site and found this unicorn in Brookline!  The car gods had smiled upon me!  I called them up and the car is available!!  It is the only new Goodwood Green RS6 for sale in America, possibly the world.  The person who special ordered it in this color combo flaked out so it's up for grabs.  A red (or really Goodwood Green) mist descended upon my mind and clouded my vision.

Then I started doing the math.  Every Audi dealer charges at least $10k over sticker for these beasts and they are insanely expensive to begin with.  With tax, title, tire and wheel insurance, etc., the total nut would be about twice the cost of my undergraduate and law school tuitions (thank you, Virginia public school system).  I just couldn't do it.  I walked away.

But Squeaky doesn't have to walk away!  He only has one kid to pay for!  He needs this goddam thing in his life!

If not the RS6, then this 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible in New Hampshire.  Viking Blue paint, convertible top, seating for six, and 455 cubic inches.  What's not to like?

C'mon Squeaky, let's make this happen.

23 comments:

Danimal said...

do it squeaky!!! do it!
z's unbridled enthusiasms to the day goin puts a little extra pep in the step.

rootsminer said...

Squeaky - buy that Cutlass and road trip it on down to the Martha Wood!

That Audi is beautiful, but I wouldn't want the stress of trying to keep it that way.

zman said...

Agreed. Things as simple as taking it to the supermarket would induce anxiety unless you park it in the wayback of the parking lot. But Squeaky doesn't buy groceries!

rob said...

i, for one, appreciate this new era of gheorghe: zcarafficionado.

squeaky gets groceries helicoptered into his mountain lair. pretty sweet deal.

rootsminer said...

I didn't know Squeaky lived that large. I have a kid hoping to move to Boston next year. Maybe he can get a job as a house elf in La Maison du Squeak.

zman said...

Squeaky is pimps too.

zman said...

I assume Squeaky's BringaTrailer.com handle is Rgdickson, and that he wired $33,525 for the Cutlass a few minutes ago. Well bought Squeaks.

rob said...

in local news, a winchester, va man was saved by his neighbor after he fell through the ice on a lake. y'all need to do better, danimal.

Whitney said...

Tribe men’s hoops gets humped by the Campbell Camels, 77-64. 7-11 overall, 2-3 in the conference. Another year of W&M hoops… it is what you thought it was.

Whitney said...

Biggest overbite in rock and roll? Freddie Mercury, followed by Joni Mitchell.
Biggest underbite? Springsteen and Petty.
And altering any of those jawlines would have changed rock history.

Curious things that cross my mind. I was watching Ms. Mitchell do “Coyote” at The Last Waltz again this morning and really looked at her face. Super interesting skull structure, beautiful but unique. The curve of Munch’s Scream with a little Canadian crunch, piercing eyes and some Sissy Spacek in there.

But the jaw, that’s what grabs you. Until you hear her sing, and then anything about her visage fades fast. A paradoxically powerful voice, so light and airy. Speaking her truths, like you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone.

With those jawlines, she should have made out with Bruce. Same with Freddie and Petty, I guess.

Anyway, now back to whatever you guys were talking about.

rob said...

i do love it when whit gets into the gummies early in the day

Whitney said...

Wish I could blame mind-altering substances for my weird tangents

rootsminer said...

Don't regret the weird tangents, Whit. Bring 'em on - this is a tangent safe space, obviously.

Danimal said...

maybe it's the new hairstyle

rob said...

tangents should be a recurring post. i got some. and i can even post a few of them in a public space.

zman said...

I’m down with tangents but sines and cosines can go to hell.

rob said...

after a long, slow, dumb as fuck, painful decline, the shitforbrains that run sports illustrated just laid off the entire staff. end of an era for something that was an integral part of my youth. i hope the suits that did this catch chlamydia.

Shlara said...

I love these car posts

Professor G. Truck said...

my friend connell owns this car. i think he got the color because he's a diehard jets fan.

OBX dave said...

Hey rob, was today's impromptu airplane landing on Loudoun highway anywhere near you? Could you have been air traffic controller?

zman said...

Connell has a Goodwood Green RS6?

rob said...

the plane landed about a mile from my kid’s old cheer gym. 10 miles or so from our house, and most importantly, very close to ocelot brewing, where several of us have tipped a few. probably wouldn’t have been a good idea for any of us to control air traffic from there.

Whitney said...

hi gheorgies