Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday's "Insert Music of YOUR Choice Into YOUR Rectum" Post (A Love Letter to rdio.com)

As most of you know, I like a good dose of metal every now and then (usually when I'm wailing on my pecs and bis at the gym, but at other times when the adrenaline and energy from the music beckons). But I recognize that many of you prefer other types of tunes. So I would like to take this opportunity to pimp a web site that has changed my day-to-day work life, at least on days when I'm chained to my desk: rdio.com. Not sure how far behind the curve I am on this one, but it blew me away about a month ago when a younger co-worker alerted me to it, so I wanted to turn you all on as well.

The site is very straightforward and very powerful. They have access to most music you've ever heard of - classic rock, Finnish death metal, reggae, classical, show tunes, comedy albums, jam bands, pop, new releases, big labels, small labels, you name it. There are some tracks, albums and/or bands they don't have rights for, but they have almost everything you could want. New Lady Gaga, Adele, Lonely Island Boys or My Morning Jacket? Check. Junior Kimbrough? Check. Mumford & Sons? Check. Duke Robbillard? Check. Duke Ellington? Check. Dukes of Hazzard comedy bit from Patton Oswalt? Check. Mexican Radio on rdio.com? Check. Radiohead on rdio.com? Check. Primitive Radio Gods on rdio.com? Check. TV on the Radio on rdio.com? Check. Radio Gaga on rdio.com? Check. Radio Gaga by Queen on rdio.com? No. Bummer.


And here's where it's good for you lazy, cheap skeptics out there - you can preview the web site for a week at no charge. If you decide to indulge, it's a measly $4.99/month to be able to play any tune in their library on command on your PC. You can pay more to stream from your smart phone or iPad as well, but i didn't do that. For my $4.99/month, I play tunes from my work PC or my laptop at home. I no longer need to spend money at the iTunes store for a track because I can pull it up in literally three seconds on rdio.com. Need a party play list? Tee it up on rdio.com and plug your laptop into your stereo. And your party will rock. And you will get laid. Or, if you're like the Teej, you buy the newest Jock Jams CD and try to ignore the fact that you just put a few pennies in a pedophile's pocket.


For those of you who may be curious to hear some random new/old tunes I've been digging into recently, find my name here and look for "Rick's Awesome Mix." You'll be glad you did. Even if there is no metal.

9 comments:

zman said...

You know how some smartphones automatically add "sent from my mobile device" or sent "from my iPhone" to the end of an email? If I played in the NBA and wanted to be a jerk I would add "sent from LeBron's girl's house" or "sent from LeBron's mom's boudoir" to my email signature. I can see Mark Cuban doing this before game 6.

Squeaky said...

Zman, you need to start hitting the parks for the views.

http://goo.gl/4dEg5

TR said...

Because of rdio.com, I just learned that the Arctic Monkeys' new album is called Suck It and See. Wow. That gives Smell the Glove a run for its money.

T.J. said...

Gary Glitter, special cameo this week on "To Catch A Predator"...

rob said...

this wvu coaching shitshow is spectacular.

Greg said...

Hi guys!

Greg said...

For those of you who follow the foreign currency exchange: the Ruble is showing some chutzpah in early trading.

Mark said...

Rob's twitter reply to the news of Dana Holgorsen being promoted to head coach at WVU a year early was very nearly the highlight of my week.

SlipOn said...

Ringtones, built by default on any device, make you feel boring. So, many users are always looking for ways to change the ringtone with the current hot music to change as well as express the personality of each person on these devices. And for value devices like the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, you can create your own ringtone for the iPhone is unique and more quality if you see and refer to my home page here:Ringtonemob

I will give you sample ring tones for you to reference and install below:
Tula Pahate Re ringtone download
Laung Laachi ringtone download
Snoop Dogg ringtonedownload
devak kalji re ringtonedownload
Tera Fitoor ringtone download
I need your comment to improve the ringtone better. Hope my ringtone will bring a new look to the world of ring tones!