Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Futile Superfan Update

Huge one tonight in my home arena. The Wrens take on James Madison's Dukes in a battle for bragging rights at Casa Rob. My wife, a JMU alum, really doesn't care that much, but she likes the free stuff she keeps winning from me when W&M loses. I've also got a lunch bet on the line with a young whippersnapper in my office that went to JMU.

W&M's carrying a record of 5-8, 1-2 in the CAA. JMU is 9-4, 2-1 with a big win over VCU. The Dukes are favored by 1 in Vegas (that's a joke), Litos likes Madison by 4. Says here the Wrens won't stand for that kind of disrespect in their own building. Er, nest.

6 comments:

rob said...

yeah, tribe - scratching and clawing to .500 in conference.

SportsBog said...

hope you won big

T.J. said...

Chief Wiggum, is that you?

WILSON, Kan. (AP) - A small-town police chief has been fired after he was convicted of stealing beer from the fire department's refrigerator.

rob said...

well, if you consider a sandwich from potbelly winning big, i'm a champion.

MGL said...

If I ever predict a Tribe win, immediately cancel all wagers.

rob said...

well, that's sort of a given, no?