Saturday, November 16, 2013

Baller For Life: SNL Edition



As the photos above show, I've been a freak of the industry since I moon-walked out of the womb a few decades back. However, my social life has taken a bit of a hit in recent years, due to fatherhood, commuting and general apathy. This will change in a big way on Saturday night. The wife and I have gotten a long-awaited invite to attend a live taping of SNL with another couple (the wife in that couple is Bobby Moynihan's sister). While I am not overly excited by host and musical guest Lady Gaga, it should be a bitching time. We will start the night with a dinner at Del Frisco's, then watch the show from the dressing room, where we can sip on brown liquor and (hopefully) find Keenan Thompson's entourage, which we've been told consists of aggressive papal electors.

I have been a huge fan of SNL since I was a kid. I remember taping the 15-year anniversary show on VHS and watching it repeatedly. That was 23 years ago. Pretty impressive run. So I will do my best to keep my inner fan-boy at bay while seeing the stage, watching the show and heading to the after-party. I told my wife my goal for the night was to finger-blast Aidy Bryant, and that it wasn't really cheating if we didn't kiss. That joke went as well with her as it probably did with our ones of female readers

Wish me luck. The night could go until 5 AM and I will be lucky to sleep until 8 AM on Saturday morning. Thanks to Zman for offering to take my boys until 4 PM that Sunday, although I may not have asked him this favor yet.

12 comments:

Marls said...

Fingerblast! Ha. If that did not go over well please don't mention Tommy B's favorite proposed ROTC pastime.

This morning, I will be heading off to the Land of Dave to see the Knights of Piscataway take on the Cincinnati Koufaxs. I picked the wrong weekend to stop sniffing glue.

Dave said...

marls, if you're out in new brunswick later, shoot me a text.

i thought it was "fingerbang"?

rob said...

marls, I assume you've arranged to take dave to next weekend's tribe/knights game.

Danimal said...

Jealous as hell. Will make for a nice weekday post so take lots of pics and secretly record as much as you can.

rob said...

there you go, danimal, with your editorial strategy and shit.

rob said...

that's pretty cool and all, tr, but i get to shop for a new set of tires, repair a hole in my drywall, and drive kids to gymnastics and dance all day long. you don't see keenan thompson doing that kind of shit, do you? didn't think so.

TR said...

I too will be hard-cored dadding all day long: dropping kids In a play zone while I try to sneak in a workout, food shopping, a birthday party for each kid, raking, etc. Hot action in Jersey.

rob said...

it rained here last night, so i get to skip raking. wet leaves are assholes.

Greg said...

I've already cleaned out the pool at my parents house AND set up a play-pen for my niece.

rob said...

greg's new euphemisms are awesome

Mark said...

Nobody's Mom more aggressively assigned chores to her adult children like Greg's Mom. She is a machine.

I echo everyone's jealousy, TR. can't wait to hear the report.

Mark said...

Also, everyone check out the helmets Illinois is sporting today. Fanfuckingtastic.