Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another boring bracket post

I have neither the time nor the energy to give you a full bracket breakdown right now (that's a half-lie...I certainly I have the time), so you're gettin' my take on Thursday's games, plus the bonus photo to the right, which for some odd reason made me laugh quite a bit (Dennis might even call it a Peep Show). I have the good fortune to be attending tomorrow's 12:20 and 2:50 tips at the Verizon Center with the aforementioned Dennis, so why not begin there:

(6)Purdue/(11)Baylor - Squirrel loves the Baylor dream story. It's nice, I agree. Player on player homicide can really devastate a program. But if we ever got around to that G:TB All American squad we had talked about, Purdue freshman Robbie Hummel would've been a first teamer, so we're taking the Boilermakers here.

(3)Xavier/(14)Georgia - I have a tremendous amount of love for Xavier. Tremendous backcourt. Six guys averaging double figures. Tourney experience galore. And they're facing the miracle Dawgs squad who survived a tornado to win the kiddie SEC? Please. Sean Miller's squad in a laugher.

(7)West Virginia/(10)Arizona - Jerryd Bayless is Derrick Rose good. He's just not a great speller. The first year ride for Huggins (and Beilein's players) ends here.

(2)Duke/(15)Belmont - Sure, I think Duke's overrated. But I still gotta take 'em here.

(3)Wisconsin/(14)Cal State Fullerton - Honestly, I know nothing about Fullerton, and I'm not even going to bother to google them. If any game bites me in the ass, it's this one. Go Badgers.

(6)USC/(11)Kansas State - I actually typed in "(6)USC/(11)Michael Beasley". I think you know which way I'm leaning. "Pulling a Glenn Robinson" is about to become "Pulling a Michael Beasley".

(8)UNLV/(9)Kent St - Four dead in Ohio? Honestly, that's all I know about Kent State. And Lon Kruger got the job done last year.

(1)Kansas/(16)Portland State - Bill Self will fuck this up eventually, just not in this round.

(4)Wazzu/(13)Winthrop - Have I mentioned Dana Jacobson looks just like He-Man? Winthrop used to be a trendy upset pick...not for me. I'll take the deliberate style of Wazzu to bore and advance.

(5)Notre Dame/(12)George Mason - I can't be the first person to tell you Luke Harangody looks like Ron Perlman? AKA Helboy? I promise no more of these lookalike games. We all love the CAA around here, but Mason is done.

(5)Michigan St/(12)Temple - So, Chaney is gone and Penn's old coach is in? And Temple won the A-10? And Tom Izzo's teams have underachieved for years now in the Dance? Fuck it, I'll take Team Neitzel.

(4)Pittsburgh/(13)Oral Roberts - I know Bob Knight loves Pitt. If I could take a moment to address the General - Stop slouching a-hole. It won't kill you to sit up. Wear a decent outfit onset. You look like White Goodman in Dodgeball. I've decided to pick ORU just to spite Knight...and because they go 6'8", 6'9" and 6'10" on their front line.

(6)Marquette/(11)Kentucky - Kentucky without Patrick Patterson = 15 point loss. Buh-bye.

(3)Stanford/(14)Cornell - Robin, Brook, Danny and Jose Lopez Jr. will destroy poor Cornell (yes, I'm sorry, jokes tend to get recycled around here).

(1)UCLA/(16)Mississippi Valley St - Hey MVSU, at least Jerry Rice went there. I'm pretty sure UCLA is my national champion.

(8)BYU/(9)Texas A&M - I hate the Aggies for some reason. No idea why. I'm taking a Mountain West team here, though they have been piss poor lately in the first round (UNLV run last year excluded).

13 comments:

Unknown said...

WISCONSIN IS GOING TO DESTROY CAL ST. FULLERTON

T.J. said...

Attaboy, show your school spirit.

Mark said...

Oh yeah, well, Florida is going to destroy San Diego State!

I hope.

Whitney said...

Just make sure that pink bunny sprays down the pole after leaving some of her "inner marshmallow" on it doing the sexy slide.

T.J. said...

Ah yes, her "Mrs. Stay Puft", if you will...

T.J. said...

Paging Bill Simmons:

MILWAUKEE -- With Larry Harris out as general manager of the Milwaukee Bucks, Sen. Herb Kohl now has to prove to the next candidate that he's not a meddling owner.

Whitney said...

Larry Harris would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling owner.

Whitney said...

And by the way, "her inner marshmallow" and "her Mrs. Stay-Puft" are a nice pair of euphemisms I hope outlive this blog post.

T.J. said...

Dare to dream, brutha, dare to dream.

Jerry said...

I HAYTE CAL STAT FULLRTeN!!!!!!

T.J. said...

Mark, your Gators didn't really seem to have a problem with SDSU.

T.J. said...

These are three people who I think we're pleased when the googles led them to GTB:

"bama of the week"
"Jeremy Hyatt+Ugly"
"what seed was michigan when they won in 1989 fisher"

rob said...

last 3 minutes of last night's vcu game were highly entertaining. first 37, not so much. the caa flag falters.