Friday, September 30, 2005

O'Simspon Rules

Allright, I'd like to give you more (meaning cut and paste shit off Drudge), but I think I am going to die, thanks to a lovely evening with the FFMD, the human drinking machine Geoff Butt (I have no idea how he is going to be able to do his picks) and the lovely young lady who hangs out with Butt but doesn't like the nickname I previously gave her so make up a new nickname please...what I have is a follow-up to yesterday's Padres post...I know, less people watch "Still Standing" than read this thing, but whatever, this just epitomizes the donkey 2005 Padres:

Robert Fick took celebrating to a new level Wednesday night, all the way down to the aviator-style goggles he wore to protect himself against the sting of champagne. Fick doused everyone he could find, although he might have stepped over the line when he poured a bottle of very expensive tequila over manager Bruce Bochy's head. Tequila is flammable. And the manager felt a burning sensation when it got in his eyes. "I thought he threw acid on me," said Bochy, who steered clear of anyone lighting up a celebratory cigar.

Oh yeah, I am still afraid to jinx the AL Playoffs, so I won't mention that the Yankees are 1 up with 3 to play (in Boston), and I will certainly forget to watch the 3 most important regular season baseball games in 30 years (man, people that hate the Red Sox and Yankees have a good point don't they?). I need some Advil...(for the hangover, not for the baseball series...we all know the Yankees have this one in the bag...)

11 comments:

T.J. said...

David Ortiz is a very scary man.

T.J. said...

The hot internet buzz is new content over here soon...
http://www.69frat.blogspot.com/

T.J. said...

Pain cave...

Geoff said...

I feel suprisingly good. And a 12:30 reso at Tenh Penh should make me even better.

T.J. said...

You are truly an American hero.

T.J. said...

Does Kanye West know about this?

Bennett: Black Abortions Would Lower Crime
Sep 30 10:37 AM US/Eastern

The White House on Friday criticized former Education Secretary William Bennett for remarks linking the crime rate and the abortion of black babies.

"The president believes the comments were not appropriate," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said.

Bennett, on his radio show, "Morning in America," was answering a caller's question when he took issue with the hypothesis put forth in a recent book that one reason crime is down is that abortion is up.

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down," said Bennett, author of "The Book of Virtues."

He went on to call that "an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky."

Responding later to criticism, Bennett said his comments had been mischaracterized and that his point was that the idea of supporting abortion to reduce crime was "morally reprehensible."

Bennett was education secretary under President Reagan and director of drug control policy when Bush's father was president.

Geoff said...

Dammit. That's in my picks. thanks for stealing my material.

T.J. said...

This is an excellent start for my boys...Wells had 19 walks all year, so far he's walked 2 guys and hit another guy...

T.J. said...

Damn it...need more runs...

T.J. said...

Hey Wang, don't tell 'em you're Jewish...

T.J. said...

I really hope Curt Schilling blows it today. From Champs to Chumps...