Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I mean, does this sound appealing to anyone?

The cafeteria at work sells something called Aunt Flo's Country Fudge. Everytime I am at the register I don't know whether to laugh or vomit.

Jerry already took this one, but did anyone see the highlights of that Nets/Blazers shoot-out last night? Good god, what a debacle. The SportsCenter anchors were contractually obligated to mention that this game "set basketball back 50 years".

Right now I think I am leaning towards Tendercrisp over Spicy Tendercrisp in an 8th Round TKO.

Why do people say they're confused by the plot of "Mission: Impossible"? Is there something complex in there I completely missed? Does Coach Kilmer throw them off? Maybe it's because the last time they saw Kittridge he was deleting files from Jack Ryan's PC?

The 2004-2005 Men's College Basketball Season kicks off tomorrow night, and I couldn't be more excited. Three top 25 teams are in action, including the 6th-ranked Syracuse Orangemen (I refuse to call them the Orange) playing hated rival Northern Colorado. Should be epic. The Orangemen return Hakim Warrick, Gerry McNamara, Billy Edelin (he had an odd year last year), huge white stiff Craig Forth (finishing up the Jess Settles 8-year plan), and Wheelhouse fav Louie "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue" McCroskey, plus some others I've forgotten here. Cuse is one of about 12 teams with a chance to be cutting down the nets in St. Louis. Someone get Dickie V a sedative.

For my money, no one does a better Larry King impression than Larry King himself at 2:15am on Election Night. I thought Wolf Blitzer was going to hit him with a steel chair. (Yeah, this joke is a week old, but get over it)

7 comments:

Michael Jack said...

You want to back up that statement? I'll take Spicy Tendercrisp for a sixer of Natty bottles.

T.J. said...

Oh it's on. I've got TC for all the marbles (or, in this case, 6 Natty bottles).

T.J. said...

And yes, I realize I completely walked into that one.

Michael Jack said...

you've got TC? or did you mean THC?

T.J. said...

www.chickenfight.com

Jerry said...

Great moments in sports fansmanship: Burr and I were at the Prime Time Shootout in Trenton - an event that featured about half of the top 20 HS basketball teams in the country. We were very hungover after tearing up Philly the previous night.

St. Raymond's out of The Bronx featured a very athletic black 2-guard who scored about 20 in a game against a really good team from Mississippi. He'd make a bucket and the PA guy would say "Loooouiiieee McCROSKEYYYY!!!!"

And me and Burr laugh and laugh like 10 year-old girls.

amanda young said...

This was a momentum of the great player of their best actions.. Amanda Vanderpool