Monday, November 01, 2004

This Is Me

I've found my new milieu: the Comments field. Once inspired to spew out focused essays with some semblance of a point (MLC just garnered its 500th post in the World Series), I'm now relegated to misguided cameo appearances on other people's vehicles, firing dim-witted, pseudo-clever attempts at humor which miss more than hit. Now looking my age, what was funny because of its faux-snobbery is now sadly smarmy. Ladies and gentleman, in the blog world . . . I am Chevy Chase.

This is why I don't do introspection. I'm better off thinking I'm the funniest, most brilliant addition to any site. Which, of course, I am.

2 comments:

T.J. said...

Now that's funny. Not Caddyshack funny, more like Funny Farm funny. Or Cops and Robbersons funny.

Whitney said...

DId you see the Friars Club Roast for Chevy Chase? Even you wouldn't know who the roasters were. Nobody famous showed up for Chevy. I could get funnier dudes to roast me.