Monday, August 23, 2004

Get me Hamm on five, hold the Mayo

Apparently the FIG (the ass-backwards acronym for International Gymnastics Federation) wants to award a co-gold medal to a South Korean gymnast who was somehow screwed out of one tenth of a point or some shit. US gymnast Paul Hamm won the gold, and says his beef is not with the South Korean, but with FAG, er I mean FIG. How about this fellas - who gives a shit! It's gymnastics. Oooh, I hope I don't offend all the housewives reading this blog who are glued to the set watching gymnastics as if a naked Antonio Sabato Jr. were dancing in their living room. I'm gonna have to agree with Wilbon on this one - it ain't a real sport if it has judges determining the outcome. Especially if those judges can review and change scoring (and thus results) days after the event occurred. Move on people. [Editor's note: This whole meaningless post was an excuse to use that classic line from Airplane as my title. Mission accomplished.]

No comments: