Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Follow Me...Follow Me to Freedom

OK, it's been two nights, and I've had enough of SportsCenter Old School. It was good to see Kilby again (for about 30 minutes), and the Charley Steiner highlights are indeed hilarious (though Bob Ley is about as fun to watch as a Sleepers marathon), but I'm all set Mark Shapiro. No more please. Oh what's that, we still have the killer Gayle Gardner/Greg Gumbel super-alliteration anchor team to come. Sweet, can't wait. I'd rather watch re-runs of Stump the Schwab. In fact, I think that is what I watched last night. Yikes.

Rick Fox is apparently going to divorce Vanessa Williams. He must've caught Eraser for the hundredth time on TNT last night.

Thank god the football season (college and pro) is starting soon, because if I have to hear one more argument about Edgar Martinez's Hall of Fame credentials I am gonna kill myself (no cheering from the peanut gallery please). Harold Reynolds (career batting average: .258) almost had a stroke last night on Baseball Tonight.

Speaking of Harold, it's Little League World Series time again - When does the statute of limitations run out on Danny Almonte jokes? Oh, it has...NASA jokes? Amy Fischer jokes? Damn it, I had some good Joey Buttafuocco stuff.

I'm really enjoying the Whit/SportsGuy feud (though it currently seems to be one-sided). I can't wait to pick a fight with Ric Bucher.

Oh this is classic - Steinbrenner is apparently pissed at Torre for playing Lofton (aka King CrackBaby) in rightfield last night. Luckily, George has Danny Tartabull, Jesse Barfield, and Kenneth Senior on speed dial.

No comments: