Friday, August 06, 2004

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Ricky Williams "pot"shot? Quincy Carter joke? Lamar Odom's "other" drug? Nope - You remember Sanford Mr. Sketch Scented Markers? I was cleaning my office and stumbled upon one of these things. Instant flashback to 4th grade - the Red, aka Wild Cherry, markers were like crack to us, in fact my class had it's own Pookie - Justin Kross. This kid decides to sniff the hell out of one of these things, goes bonkers, kicks over my desk, and all hell breaks loose. Why do you care? You don't, but let me tell you, I was a very pissed off 4th grader when I discovered my Garbage Pail Kids were bent. You don't just find a Corroded Carl everyday. And yes, I am currently sniffing a Mr. Sketch Blue/Blueberry marker.

Point of parliamentary procedure...Other jobs Isiah Thomas seems perfectly qualified for: Captain of the Titanic, Judge at the OJ trial, NBA coach (oh wait). I wouldn't let Zeke valet park my car (haha, right, I know, I don't have a car - rub it in people).

On a completely unrelated note, apparently E! named it's "Ultimate Hollywood Blonde" last night, and Pamela Anderson was the winner by a synthetic boob. I only know this because my Better Half was quite upset Reese Witherspoon wasn't the selection. If I was an exec at E!, I would check my mail very carefully for the next few weeks. The BH doesn't like when her shows throw her for a loop (I hide in a bomb shelter during Bachelor rose ceremonies).

Anyone else getting a Serge/Axel Foley vibe from Jeff Garcia and Kellen Winslow Jr.? I'm picturing Garcia in the locker room offering Winslow an espresso with a lemon twist.

I'm not making this up - at 8:24 this morning, as I was throwing on my Batman Underoos, Comedy Central was showing L.A. Story. The damn signpost was talking to Steve Martin. I immediately took a shot of Draino.

No comments: