Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bottoms Up for Professor Truck

I just finished a new song, "Lost Souls." It's somewhere between the romanticised sit-com utopia of the Cheers Theme song and the depressive alcoholism of The Replacements "Here Comes a Regular." Whitney should be singing it, and maybe the next time he comes to New Jersey, he can lend me his larynx.

Also, please note I found the string section of my synth program. Strings! They seem fitting.



Lost Souls

All you lost souls, all you lost souls, come in, come in--
come out of the rain, repent your sins.
All you angels, chained to demons, come in, come in--
it does not matter where you've been.

See the light behind the bottles,
find yourself an empty stool,
make a pile of your dollars,
and then you know what to do.

It's hard to make your way,
in the world today,
when everybody knows your name.
And there's no one left to blame.

A faded photo in your wallet.
You, your ex, and the dog.
Maybe someday soon you'll call her,
maybe when the leaves start to fall.


18 comments:

zman said...

When TD Bank says they're "America's Most Convenient Bank®" they're saying it tongue-in-cheek. They are easily the least convenient bank I've ever dealt with.

rob said...

judging by how hard wells fargo is making it for me to send a wire, they want a shot at the title.

zman said...

RIP Pancho Segura.

rob said...

rip washington football team

zman said...

Peterman has three interceptions through 14 minutes and 51 seconds of this game. Taylor has three interceptions on the season.

zman said...

Sorry, that's 13 minutes and 51 seconds. I was told there would be no math.

zman said...

Now he has four with more than 10 minutes left in the first half. They put up a graphic saying the last QB to throw 4 INT in his debut was Ryan Lindley. That's great company.

rob said...

we're gonna have to disown mcdermott, aren't we?

zman said...

After Peterman's fifth pick he put Taylor in the game. 33 point comeback in the making.

zman said...

Sack/strip on Tyrod for a TD. #cursed

Danimal said...

Jags....7-3 for first time in 10 years. Never thought we’d see the day.

Hall and Oates song on an Applebee’s commercial. Same.

Mark said...

I’m drunk (again) in Savannah and have decoded I’m moving here when my step kid goes away to school

Marls said...

I’m pissed that I missed out on commenting on the Bizzaro wedding. Having gone to roughly one million Long Island Italian weddings I can only imagine the scene. I’m sure the goombahs put on a good show and the Viennese hour was on point.

Why would you believe that a canadian bank is America’s most convenient? Toronto Dominion Bank...

Marls said...

I’m really hungover from a neighborhood anniversary party. Needless to say, Dulles Airport at 5:30 this AM did not feel good.

zman said...

RIP Jana Novotna. Bad weekend for tennis.

Danimal said...

David Cassidy yesterday as well.

Heading to Alabama today for first time ever not counting driving through many moons ago - Birmingham to be specific. If anyone has been and has rec's, I'll gladly take them.

Marls said...

Don’t speed in Alabama. The state troopers are not the friendliest. I like the Almighty YoJo cover of this song better.

Dave is right. Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got. That said, sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name.

Whitney said...

Dave, I dig this song. Let's schedule a weekend soon for some drinking, recording, drinking, catching up, and drinking.