Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Name's Pete Nice. You Want My Autograph?

I recently uncovered an old iTunes playlist I made for a party many years ago. I loaded it onto my iPhone for shits and gigs. I played it while walking to the train for my commute home. Two big takeaways:

1) Super Bon Bon is the perfect Manhattan walking-with-a-purpose tune. Catchy, intense and angry, but not the kind of speed metal that makes you want to punch someone.

2) Hol-ee crap, do I dig the old 3rd Bass tunes. Everyone kinda digs them, I know. This isn't a big call I'm making. But cranking Brooklyn Queens is all kinds of awesome. And after watching Boogie Nights 69 times, I now recognize that the tune sampled Best of My Love by The Emotions. Totally enjoyable tune as I trek from 50th & Park to 50th & Broadway to take the 1 train south to Penn Station.

Dig it.

15 comments:

T.J. said...

so nice to see "The Cauc Hop" labeled used again

Marls said...

Hi Gheorghies and Dave

T.J. said...

Hi Marls

Danimal said...

Hi tj and marls.

rob said...

some authors might've been tempted to provide the entire playlist. kudos to you, tr, for resisting that urge. way too predictable.

zman said...

Playlists?!?! You're talkin bout playlists!?! You kiddin me!!?! Playlists!?

rootsminer said...

You gotta make Zman a bona fide mixtape if you wanna get in zdrawers.

zman said...

Vernon's got prospects. He's bona fide.

rob said...

my daughter's high school was evacuated because of a bomb threat today. they took all the kids to another school. coincidentally, my daughter lost her phone for the day for being an asshole this morning, so we can't contact her. when tough love goes wrong.

zman said...

Yikes. I hope all is well.

rob said...

yeah, everything's good. was mostly just a pain in the ass trying to coordinate getting her a ride home.

TR said...

Watching my 1st grader's soccer scrimmage. 7 v 7 for first time. My son is on D. His goalie spazzes out and starts running all over the penalty area, chasing after the ball. The other team scores. My son gets pissed and gets up in the face of his goalie, barking at him to stay in position. The goalie starts bawling uncontrollably and has to be subbed out. Meanwhile, I'm sitting right next to that kid's mom. Awkward.

zman said...

Denver's substitute coach totally looks like a substitute coach, possibly even like a guy who was plucked randomly from the streets of Denver and is forced to coach in whatever Broncos gear he was rocking at the time.

T.J. said...

DC sports gonna DC sports

Danimal said...

Hi Gheorghies. Bye Nats.