Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Taking what I can get

I spent an inordinate amount of time today searching for a particular video, something that would serve as a timely tribute to an action movie icon, especially in light of today being the release of "Live Free or Die Hard" [As it turns out, I'm an idiot - the movie releases next Wednesday]. Alas, once I did find that clip, the one of Bruce Willis singing "Respect Yourself", I discovered some YouTube douchebag disabled the embed option. What was I to do (certainly not my work)...so I soldiered on and dug up this equally classic example of 80s movie star arrogance. Added bonus: Rick James is prominently involved in this...

8 comments:

Mark said...

Two notes in and I was smiling. I would pay a serious amount of cash to have this record on vinyl.

T.J. said...

I've watched it four times in a row now...

Whitney said...

I have the mp3. I would give it to you, but that would violate licensing restrictions. Of course.

T.J. said...

Hey, Kenny Williams, you gonna do something about this or what?

"We have to apologize to the fans watching this thing because I'm tired of watching this day in and day out. ... Wow. You thought I was a good manager. Well, look at me now. I'm not that good. You're as good as your players are."
-Ozzie Guillen

T.J. said...

No shit Manny, G:TB has been saying that for awhile now:

Interesting that Manny Acta said after last night's game that Watson is coming up to start immediately, basically saying the platoon of Langerhans and Logan isn't working. We'll see how long that lasts.

Mark said...

The Krunk are an even more spectacular CBA franchise than we expected. Frankly, I'm not sure how TJ missed this little detail:

Former C&C Music Factory lead vocalist Freedom Williams is the Krunk's franchise majority owner.

kungpao said...

Best I just found the best nickname ever for Langerhans.

Whitney said...

According to the Associated Press:

"Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks suspects that two-time AL MVP Juan Gonzalez may have used steroids."

I gotta stop reading what passes for "news."