Friday, March 31, 2006

She's a lady...whoa, whoa, whoa...she's a lady...

Well she's all you'd ever want, she's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner...
Well she always knows her place, she's got style, she's got grace, she's a winner...

That's right folks, Greg's favorite crooning Welshman has "collected a knighthood" from Queen Elizabeth II for his services to music (and the leisure suit industry) meaning he will now be known as Sir Tom Jones, joining music legends Elton John, Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney in picking up the completely unnecessary but ego-inflating title of "Sir".

The Knight speaks: "It was lovely to see the Queen again. I love seeing the Queen and I have always been a royalist. She is lovely and she still is lovely. She has got a great smile and her whole face lights up when she smiles." If I didn't know any better I'd think Sir Tom was smitten with the old bird.

What's next Pussycat? Same old same old...the 65-year-old Jones will continue to sweat profusely through late 70's fabrics and belt out hits while women of all ages throw their panties at him.
*****
Kudos to the author(s) of this page, be it Slater, GB or the gang at Wizznutz. It easily beat back the competition to win the GTB Link of the Week. Best...Wikipedia page...Ever. "Dagger!"
*****
Are we supposed to be impressed by South Carolina Coach Dave Odom and his back-t0-back NIT titles (3 in 6 years...he won the title at Wake in 2000) or do we pummel him for having underachieving teams that somehow gel after they get left out of the Big Dance year after year?
*****
Sad news coming out of Baltimore today. Media whore and all-around class act Anna Benson apparently wants a divorce from her mediocre pitcher/husband Kris. Benson, leader of her local MENSA chapter, claims the seven year marriage is "irretrievably broken." Anyone wanna place bets on what Oriole she beds first?
*****
With the Final Four fast approaching, and his subsequent return to The Springfield Retirement Castle, we must move quickly to bash Billy Packer. Today we present Reason #7,285 to hate that SOB:

"I have no reason to apologize any more than the committee should say, 'We're really sorry, we really screwed up on our No. 1 picks. None of them made it to the Final Four,''' Packer said. "My opinion is based on whatever knowledge I have acquired over the years. I have a right to my opinion, and if it doesn't agree with people, that just has to be what it is.''

What a dick.
*****
If anyone is looking for me the next few days, I'll be in Reno chasing down tranny prostitutes with Deputy Garcia and riding shotgun with Lieutenant Dangle. Should be tons 'o fun.

31 comments:

Mark said...

Those bets would proabably have to be retroactive. Somehow I don't think Anna is going to steadfastly hold on to the tenets of marriage at this point. With that said, can I get $10 on Brian Roberts?

Also, a great way to combine some of the subjects of this post would be to get Anna to strip (I'm sure she remembers how) to the remiz of Jones' "Sex Bomb", we could proabably even video tape it and get loop Buckhantz screaming "Dagger" as she scoops up dollar bills with her cans.

I'm sure that video would be an instant internet phenomenon. Can you tell I'm bored?

T.J. said...

That video would be on YouTube in roughly 6 to 9 minutes. Speaking of bored, who the hell are all the people out there searching for "Drew Lachey's baby"? And secondly, why the hell do they keep ending up here?

T.J. said...

I've got 25 bucks on Leo Mazzone. He's got that new tattoo and all.

Mark said...

Leo Mazzone has a tattoo? As much as I love tattoos (a whole bunch), I 've always had a problem with the geriatric set joining in the fun. Was there anything as embarassing as when Del Harris got that cheesy basketball tattoo when he was "coaching" the Lakers?

T.J. said...

Somehow, that dumbass Kevin Millar convinved Mazzone to get a tattoo:

That goal came to pass over the weekend, with Mazzone sporting some brand new ink on his left shoulder. The design, instigated by Millar, is a red-and-blue pennant with the words "14 straight" written inside of it. The slogan refers to Mazzone's run of success with his former team -- the Atlanta Braves -- which included 14 consecutive division titles.

"He's fired up about it. He's going to be shirtless for a while," said Millar on Monday. "He's a tough guy, but he got to the tattoo parlor and he was nervous. He kept asking me, 'Millar, will it be all right?'"

Mark said...

Kevin Millar, former Brevard County Manatee and all around awesome dude.

Whitney said...

I love me some Tom Jones. He's the Welsh Elvis, except that he's managed to take it all in stride and keep rolling on for twice as long as the King did. "Delilah" gets me teary every time. He has covered just about every song ever written, from Elvis himself to Prince to the Fine Young Cannibals, and added his signature crooner style every time. He has sung duets with everybody, from Diana Ross to The Cardigans to Cybill Shepherd. (He nailed them all, too.) He was on The Simpsons. He loves showing off his hairy chest more than anyone in pop music history. And although it's been beaten into the ground, you cannot overstate the exquisite coolness of a man who has had game-worn panties thrown at him for the last 40 years, on and off the stage. Tom Jones makes my list of Top 10 Guys I'd Want to Go Out Boozing With. Rather easily.

T.J. said...

I smell a Chris Chandler/Tom Jones duet in the near future.

Mark said...

Now THAT would be something worth stealing off the internet.

T.J. said...

Snakes in a Car?

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A man crashed his car after a pet snake he had wrapped around his neck began attacking him, authorities said.

Witnesses reported that Courtland Page Johnson, 30, of East Naples, was driving erratically and crashed his PT Cruiser into several barricades about 9 p.m. Tuesday. He got out of his car, wrestled with the snake and then drove off, reports said.

Mark said...

Each day I become more and more ashamed to have sprung from this state. It's like Florida's the new Poland or something.

T.J. said...

Great work Whit...now all the Silver Spoons geeks are coming our way.

Last search:
"Alfonso Ribeiro Fan club"

Marls said...

In related news, Ed Torinski is now living in Naples, Fla.

T.J. said...

These guys would absolutely hate my building:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - This city's hoped-for bragging rights as home of America's tallest environmentally friendly building could go down the toilet.

In a city where organized labor is a force to be reckoned with, the plumbers union has been raising a stink about a developer's plans to install 116 waterless, no-flush urinals in what will be Philadelphia's biggest skyscraper.

Developer Liberty Property Trust (LRY) says the urinals would save 1.6 million gallons of water a year at the 57-story Comcast Center, expected to open next year.

But the union put out the word it doesn't like the idea of waterless urinals - fewer pipes mean less work.

T.J. said...

The Phat Phree never dissappoints:

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?SectionID=2&StoryID=2269&LayoutType=1

Mark said...

You're going to Reno for the AE Institute? My boss is there right now. Which means I'll be leaving work early this afternoon...so sweet.

T.J. said...

That is correct...can't wait to check out the Biggest Little City in the World.

Jane D. said...

I hate PT Cruisers.

Yeah - I am still alive.

T.J. said...

I figured that Movie Personality Quiz had really taken its toll on you.

Whitney said...

Teej, when are you coming back from Reno? And are you going to be visiting the Mustang Ranch?

Whitney said...

And hello, Gracie.

T.J. said...

I return in time for the Michael Jack NL-Only Fantasy Draft.

T.J. said...

And I will be trapped in my hotel for days, with no chance to escape to this Ranch you speak of. At least sports betting is legal. Go George Mason.

Jane D. said...

Hey guys. I did just make a post at MLT...I've been busy this week, waxing coochie.

Whitney said...

Do tell . . . Gheorghe's readership waits with bated breath.

Whitney said...

Never mind . . . MLT reads an awful lot like Penthouse Forum today! I kept waiting for what I figured was inevitable -- "well, one thing led to another, and the next thing we knew . . ." but alas, truth is stranger, but sometimes not as lurid as fiction.

Mark said...

No shit. What a letdown. Congrats on being wax free though.

Jane D. said...

turns out bsp is not an S&M type.

We had this very giggly exchange:

Me: Uh...yeah...sorry I got some on your clit. Ok - now I am touching it...so don't get too excited.

Her: It's kinda hard to get excited when you are ripping my hair out.

Whitney said...

[stunned silence by the writers of Gheorghe]

Dennis said...

My morning coffe just tasted a little sweeter this morning.

T.J. said...

I have never seen so many Canadian tuxedos in my life. Reno is every bit as terrible as I was told.