Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cheezborger, Cheezborger, Cheezborger...

No fries, cheeps! No Pepsi, Coke!

So finally, after months of speculation and hype (including a faux grand opening weeks ago), the Billy Goat Tavern has opened in the basement of my building, and needless to say, the date of my first heart attack has been moved up 10 years. For those of you who don't remember the classic Saturday Night Live skit referenced above, the Billy Goat is a Chicago dining institution made internationally famous by the repeated skits in the early years of SNL...and of course the fact that it is the home of the Billy Goat Curse, otherwise known as the Cubs Curse (maybe nowadays known as the Bartman Curse?). They've brought in some of the classic Chicago guys to berate you for the first few weeks of the DC operation, and this is an open invitation to join me downstairs for a cheezborger, cheeps and a Pepsi...Whitney, see you at noon?

"It's Friday, doublecheez for everybody! It's payday! Triplecheez for the big guy!"
*****
The NBA finally released their "dress code", and the general theme is business casual attire whenever participating in team or league activities. OK, whatever, that's the boring part. The entertaining part is the excluded items on the list. Look at this list, and tell me what the hell Rasheed Wallace is going to do? The guy is gonna end up being naked...

The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear while on team or league business:
• Sleeveless shirts.
• Shorts.
• T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.
• Sunglasses while indoors.
• Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).
*****
Ah yes, I have hated this guy ever since Jerry and I saw him play in a high school tournament at the MCI Center, and I couldn't be happier he is in trouble. I give you vastly overrated Denver Nuggets rookie Julius Hodge, accused of sexual assault by a 37 year old woman (Hodge is 21 by the way). Though details seem to be hazy, that won't stop me from giving you these two nuggets (pun intended, I guess...McBad) - the woman was aware he was an NBA baller, and expected him to "wine and dine" her (what, not "69er"?) AND his lawyer was quick to add "This is not Kobe Bryant." We'll see about that...
*****
GTB's Website of the Day: TomKat is going to be pissed...

8 comments:

T.J. said...

Jake Plummer's girlfriend:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=117&contentID=3174

T.J. said...

It's good to have you back. It doubles my readership.

T.J. said...

Greg, you're the best. Let's stay one step ahead of them...

T.J. said...

I was hoping someone would email him that laundry list of nicknames we had, someone with a far better memory than this guy..."I Can't Believe It's Not Butterface"

T.J. said...

Too late Mr. Copperfield, Tom Cruise has you beat:

David Copperfield says he plans to impregnate a girl on stage - without even touching her.
Speaking to German magazine Galore, the illusionist rejected the theory that there were only seven different kinds of magic tricks.
He said: "Bull s**t! There is a great deal of new territory to conquer. In my next show I'm going to make a girl pregnant on stage."
He added: "Naturally it will be without sex. Everyone will be happy about it, but I'm not telling you any more."
The magician is currently on tour in Germany with his show, An Intimate Evening of Grand Illusion.

T.J. said...

Let Eastern Motors
put you in a car today...
Let Eastern Motors
Finance it all the way...

The Drizzle said...

Wine 'em, Dine 'em, 69 'em. I haven't used that since I wrote it on the table at the Italian Oven, where they put the paper for the kids to draw on the table and the waitresses used it to write their names, about 7 years ago. The waitress came up behind me while I was doing it and read it out loud over my shoulder. Somehow she cool enough to find it hilarious too, but I decided that day that it was too powerful of a phrase to use indiscriminately.

T.J. said...

At restaurants like that I usually unscrew the tops to all the parmesan cheese and then gently place the lid back on, so that the chump who eats at my table afterwards gets an avalanche of cheese. Yep, I'm that guy.