Saturday, January 22, 2022

COVID-420

 SCIENCE!














There is no reason for me to be bumping down zman's epic tome, but I think Whit missed me a bit, so I thought I'd pop in here to GTB HQ before I return to the hellsite that is twitter dot com. And why actually produce a post for the first time in months now, you ask? 'CAUSE WEED, that's why. More specifically, how some recent scientific study showed that cannabis may prove useful in some cases fighting this fucking god awful never-ending shitshow pandemic.
"Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products."
Puff, puff, prevent folks. Think it's time to get Luniz to cut a new track.

13 comments:

zman said...

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

Mark said...

Pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before but “I Got 5 On It” won the vote for my senior class song. The administration shut that shit down though and we ended up with “Don’t Forget About Me”. Boooooo!

If you’ve been to where I live, you know that the real winner was a fair representation of the population.

Mark said...

My daughter turns 10 tomorrow. She’s having a bunch of friends spend the night tonight. Pray for me Gheorghies.

mr kq said...

Happy bday to your daughter Mark! I stumbled across a pic yesterday of me and my daughter on her 10th. Hugging each other as she’s looking at the bday cake. Melted me.

And yeah, you’re in for it tonight.

rootsminer said...

I had a nice batch of cosmic coffee earlier that set me right for the day.

Shlara said...

John Stockton, cuckoo for cocoa puffs:
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/jan/23/john-stocktons-refusal-to-comply-with-mask-mandate/

Mark said...

Right before kickoff my bulldog walked up on a bee and got stung right in her face. Had to pull the stinger out and give her a Benadryl. Not a great sign. Go Bucs!

Mark said...

Shlara- saw that article too. It’s one thing to be anti-vax/mask. It’s a whole different situation to say that 150 professional athletes have died from the vaccine. Stockton is off the fucking rails. Always a bummer when you find out someone you admired is a selfish and irrational idiot.

Mark said...

I had my whole Buc loving family at the house tonight for the loss. Can’t say it compares to what Zman just endured. Sports are brutal sometimes.

Mark said...

That was one of the best games I’ve ever witnessed.

rob said...

yeah, for a neutral. has anyone checked on z?

zman said...

If I’ve learned nothing it’s that a Bills playoff game isn’t over until 0:00. I’ve felt more playoff pain than this one. I’m used to it.

I will say that the end of the game felt more like basketball than football. This is what the league wants but it’s bad for my cardiovascular health.

rob said...

while many of us were otherwise occupied (impaired?) on saturday, your tribe went up to philly and won, 83-75, against defending caa champ drexel. 3-3 in conference now. i know nothing.