Thursday, July 12, 2007

Badgers, We Don't Need No Stinking Badgers

Gheorghe: The Blog heartily endorses the British military's strategy for quelling unrest in Basra, as cleverly denied in this BBC report. Money quote (to steal from Andrew Sullivan):

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area. We have been told these are indigenous nocturnal carnivores that don't attack humans unless cornered." -- a very coy Major Mike Shearer

Wink and a nod, MAJ Shearer, wink and a nod.

11 comments:

Dennis said...

Although, a moose once bit my sister. Mind you, moose bites can be extremely nasty.

Geoff said...

As can moose-knuckles...

T.J. said...

Qualifications?

Rape, murder, arson, and rape.

You said rape twice.

I like rape.

Whitney said...

I recently thought to myself, "Why is Blazing Saddles never shown on TV?"

Didn't take but a second to figure that one out.

T.J. said...

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

rob said...

clemens goes this evening against the devil raaays with a chance to put teejay way out in front in our bet.

as of 7/12:

era:
wakefield: 4.97
clemens: 3.63

whip:
wakefield: 1.34
clemens: 1.11

baa:
wakefield: .247
clemens: .231

rob said...

without cheating, guess kwame brown's career ppg and rpg.

Whitney said...

6 and 6? I have no idea. I do know he made like $10 million dollars this year. I didn't follow the Lakers (Or the NBA) too closely this year, but I'm just not sure he earned that.

Geoff said...

I'll guess 4.7ppg and 5 rpg.

Geoff said...

We both went too low...

But this made me giggle...

Similar Players (Career)
Tom Lagarde (974)
Tom Boswell (971)
Darnell Hillman (966)
Billy Thompson (963)
Reggie Johnson (962)
Dwight Davis (962)

Ummmm...who?

rob said...

yeah, 10 and 6 - i was borderline shocked by the ppg number.

tom boswell was a hell of an actor, and writes a mean column.