Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Q3 Statistical Analysis: A One-Man Band

The G:TB interns ran some numbers that I will share as a motivational speech for our roster.

2017 Blog Posts on Gheorghe: The Blog by Author


Danimal...................5
Dave.......................5
Dennis.....................0
Mark.......................0
Marls......................1
Rob.......................103
TJ..........................7
TR..........................9
Whitney..................20
Zman......................9
TOTAL..................159


Yes, I send this to pat myself on the back for contributing to GTB postcount for the first time in years.  Moreover, though, it's a call to action for some slumbering gheorghies. Rob is doing nearly all of the heavy lifting around here. 

Gheorghe is currently on pace for exactly 200 posts, our lowest output since 2007... when it was just Teejay and robbie and me posting... and we also had another blog that took up more of our time.

I'm not gonna Glengarry Glen Ross here, mainly because I portrayed Shelley "The Machine" Levene in my Beginning Acting class at the College of William and Mary (scored an A), and Jack Lemmon's/my tour-de-force performances are always shelved behind the single show-stealing ABC scene.

But let's see what we can do with a little bit of time left in 2017. Look, this low number is not etched in stone. We have 2.5 months to stop jerking along. Why don't you use that time to give us your best shot? Put in the hours. Dazzle me.

Rob already has the MVP award sewn up.  (Frankly, he did by Spring Break.)  But Comeback Player of the Year, Best Post of the Year, Best Quality Output, Best Filler Contributor, Best Use of Muppet Video, Best Gheorghemas, and other awards still hang in the balance.  Plus, knowing you will be measured against your peers on the GTB roster, you know you want to beat some of these guys. The Zman/TR, Mark/Marls, and Dan & Dave races to the finish are surely to entertain.

Also, rob has generated 64% of GTB posts this year.  He is gunning to up that by 5% by year's end.

Now get out there... and deliver.

31 comments:

zman said...

There's a phallic "measured against our peers" joke to be made here but I'm having trouble formulating it.

Whitney said...

You people are graded on commenting frequency, too, you know.

Whitney said...

Yankees starting to look like a team of density.

zman said...

I got a new ipad for the first time since late 2012 or early 2013. The difference is ... significant.

zman said...

Gordon Hayward's injury is brutal. About as bad as Shaun Livingston's.

TR said...

Jaylen Brown's hair is tremendous. Derrick Rose's is....far less significant.

My half-drunk, five minute review of the Cavs is that they will be a lot more like that Lakers team five years ago that was a big bust than like the team that was in the Finals last year. That's my hot take. Rose and Wade are nowhere near their old selves.

TR said...

And I need to add that I'm in Houston, and I watched that Yankee comeback from my hotel bar after I checked in. Was tremendous. We need that win over Dallas K tmrw. Seems attainable. 4 PM ET start-time is sub-optimal. The home-field advantage has been huge. Lots more errors and bad judgment by Houston in NY than in Houston.

And I love the Frazier interviews b/c his Jersey accent is being introduced to the nation. He grew up 15 miles from me. I was at Yankee Stadium in '98 when his Toms River team that won the LLWS got to go on the field and stand next to the Yankees for the Anthem. Amazing to think that he's back in the Bronx 19 years later, playing for his favorite team.

TR said...

Bobby Portis is starring in 2017's version of "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong."

TR said...

I learned about some cocktails tonight!

A horny, friendly couple next to me ordered Vespers. Apparently, the idea of gin, vodka and white wine in a martini appeals to some people. They ordered the drinks, chatted with me, and then engaged in abnormally heavy petting only a few inches from me. I very much wish I had somebody close on the other side of me so I could say "Hey dad, I think he's gonna pork her." But I didn't.

Another group nearby ordered a Colorado Bulldog. It sounds like a sex position, but is just something in the White Russian family that might be good as a morning cocktail if you're pulling a bender.

Whitney said...

The more you know, TR. We should do a post where each gheorghie submits a favorite new or long-lost drink recipe.

rob said...

stinger!

rob said...

tribe picked to finish 8th in the preseason caa hoops poll. that seems...generous.

Whitney said...

The Tribe's most prominent sports have really handed new AD Samantha Huge a shark sandwich out of the gates. Football is a train wreck and hoops is rebuilding.

Oh, and scheduling JMU for our Homecoming game this (or any) year? I thought W&M was supposed to be for smart people.

rob said...

pour out some labatt's for tragically hip frontman gord downie, who succumbed to cancer. we wrote about him here: http://gheorghe77.blogspot.com/2016/08/tragic-hip.html

zman said...

In certain circles, a bad football team is indicative of an academically strong school.

Whitney said...

Bad days for pasty Gordons from the middle of North America. Look out Lightfoot and Gano.

Marls said...

Shark sandwiches are terrible.

So the W&M AD’s name is pronounced Hugue-E. Like Huguenot without the “not”

Whitney said...

I wonder if that was a pronunciation change she effected. Not a wonderful surname for a lady. Ask Janet Slovenly or Glenn Teinicauk.

rob said...

whitney's pretty pleased with himself for that last one

Whitney said...

Shut it, Glenn

rob said...

ben simmons is legit running the point for the sixers.

zman said...

Is it weird that Billy Joel has a 31 year old daughter and a 35 year old wife?

rob said...

i'll ask my 20 year-old girlfriend

rob said...

or whitney can ask his

Whitney said...

She says no it's not weird

Mark said...

I love Ben Simmons and am all for him running the point for Philly on breaks and after grabbing rebounds and pushing it. His lack of jumper will significantly bog down a halfcourt offense though. If you want to run halfcourt offense through him, then do it with him at the mid post or free throw line.

Also, he might be shooting with the wrong hand.

Whitney said...

Window of opportunity today for somebody to up their numbers

rob said...

it's the first day of diwali. somebody do it up.

Mark said...

There is literally not a worse point guard in the NBA for Lonzo Ball to be playing is his debut than Patrick’s Beverly. I imagine Beverly training for this season like Rocky trained for Drago.

Marls said...

First day of Gheorghwali

zman said...

Diwali wally oochie bang bang?