Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Return of zbouillabaisse

zbouillabaisse, aka zman bouillabaisse (not to be confused with B-Boy Bouillabaisse), is back!  

1. The QAnon Shaman is running for Congress Of course he is, because our politics doubles in stupidity every 2 years.  It's zman's law.  Jacob Chansley is running for Arizona's 8th district as a Libertarian.  The current representative, Debbie Lesko, isn't running again and the Shaman is a natural fit to represent Maricopa County.  And he already knows his away around the Capitol.  


2. Nooner, Shocker The coach of the Wichita State Shockers' women's basketball team is named Terry Nooner.  We love nooners around here.  Here's Nooner the Shocker giving the shocker.  

Can't make this stuff up.  H/t to the DLC. 

3.  I got a heat pump!  That isn't a euphemism, it's a device split between my attic and my back yard that can heat or cool my second floor without burning any fossil fuels, thus solving the problem of my undersized HVAC system that doesn't push air hard enough to reach the bedrooms, allowing me to turn the furnace way down at night but still sleep warmly without burning natural gas, and most importantly, offsetting my carbon footprint so I can drive for pleasure without invoking as much ire from Dave (although I bet the two little cars I drive the most have better fuel economy than Dave's behemoth vehicles).  And I will get a tax credit.

4. "You can't end sex on even numbers."  I'm sure you've seen Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinqo reminiscing about their 12-hour, 17-woman orgy.  When TO suggests it was only 12 women, Ocho retorts "You can't end sex on even numbers!"  I suppose that's right given my experience--one is an odd number.  It would be nice if these guys did a PSA for PrEP though.  I'm no expert, but if you plan to attend an orgy you should get your shots first.

10 comments:

rob said...

three of these things amazed me

Whitney said...

You weren't stunned by zman's heat pump?

rob said...

didn't say which of the three, man

zman said...

Clearly #4 stunned rob as he ends sex on even numbers.

rootsminer said...

He’s a big 68 guy.

Whitney said...

I enjoyed that, Rootsy

rob said...

eagerly looking forward to the legal kerfuffle that will follow from the judge's decision in the wsu/osu vs pac-12 case: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38899331/judge-ruling-grants-oregon-state-washington-state-full-control-pac-12-board

and to zman's interpretation of said decision.

Danimal said...

Heading to the old stomping grounds of the hottest school in the nation this weekend. Much excite! #GoDukes!

rob said...

my kid flew from denver to nyc for the night to see the 1975 at msg with her high school bestie. on my united miles. she better take care of me when i’m old.

Whitney said...

Cool shit. When we were in college, for a cool show, we went all the way to… uh, the Boathouse.