Monday, October 23, 2023

Lagniappe

If the over/under on the number of texts I got over the weekend about Squirrel White was 4.5, and you took the under, you'd have lost. My people get me.

For the uninitiated, Marquarius Malik White is a sophomore wide receiver at the University of Tennessee. He's listed at 5'10" and 165 pounds. We'll give him that, I suppose. Last Saturday, he caught a career-high 10 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown against Alabama, giving him 39 catches through the season's first seven games (and 69 on his career, which is nice).

He also made this play early in the game:

It's times like these when I'm glad we've got a vote for football All-American teams. I think you know where at least one of our nods is going.

8 comments:

zman said...

The age of Marquarius.

Mark said...

I am also 5'10" and 165 lbs. Mark (unfortunately)is not short for Marquarius.

rootsminer said...

I was listening Saturday while I was grilling. Now that I read this, I did hear the name once and thought of Rob. It got back burnered once I heard that bama has a player named jihad, whose name came up a bunch.

Once I knew I wasn't getting sad bama announcers, I moved on to something else.

Whitney said...

So Squirrel White doesn't qualify for BMRN?

rob said...

tough one. 5'10" isn't conventionally wee.

rob said...

this story about the off-duty airline pilot who allegedly tried to cut power to the engines and crash a commercial flight the other day gets crazier and crazier. he was arrested and charged with 83 counts of attempted murder, among other things. his defense? he claims that he took mushrooms for the first time before the flight and was hallucinating and that led to his actions. can the g:tb legal team weigh in and let us know if that's a valid legal defense?

Whitney said...

I'm not on the legal team here, just a subject matter expert. No, I mean witness!

That's not the standard effect.

rootsminer said...

tripping on mushrooms during a commercial flight seems like one of the worst ideas I can imagine.