Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tuesday Morning Coming Down



And the hangovers hurt more than they used to, and they last longer, as well. So let's ease back into the workaday, gheorgeaday world, shall we?

If you'd like a cogent and reasonably comprehensive recap of OBFT XXV, our man Dave has an excellent sentence for your reading pleasure. In the comments on that sentence, Whitney said, "I had as good a time at this one as I’ve had at any of the 25." I concur in full. I drank way too much, ate far, far too much, smoked entirely too much, slept too little, laughed exactly enough, played way too many stupid and excellent beach games (inside and outside), lost precisely the right amount of money playing cards, argued the correct arguments, told the same stories in the proper proportion, learned a lot, and loved every minute.

At some point late on Saturday, or possibly Friday (definitely wasn't Thursday or Wednesday), with a good-sized group of dudes sitting around the table in the dining room, someone commented about how lucky we are to have this many friends ready, willing, and able to spend several days together, as comfortable in each other's company as ever, after so many years.

OBFT is a gift, and I consider myself lucky to get to be a part of it every year. Hangovers and all.


7 comments:

zman said...

rob's sentiment has everyone too choked up to comment.

Danimal said...

I'll say!

rootsminer said...

That's true Z. That and the whole painting presentation had us choked up Saturday too, until we started doing terrible things to Dave's hat.

My wife uncharacteristically dragged me to a brewery for an event on Sunday about 30 minutes after I got home, then seemed surprised when I sucked down a bunch of beers real quick and got a little loose.

rootsminer said...

Also, if there were any episodes of "Where the Fuck Is It?" with Johnny G online right now, I would be watching.

Squeaky said...

Poor, Johnny G. Did he lose anything Sunday morning?

rob said...

it wasn't my intent to get all maudlin, but i was a little drunk and a lot tired, both of which'll make a strong man weak. and me even weaker.

Dave said...

last time i leave my hat in the vicinity of you guys.

i too had a great time (though the water was fucking cold). my hangover was less epic than usual-- i stuck to guinness and tequila (for the most part) and avoided hoppy ipas (for the most part) and my stomach thanked me.