Thursday, July 05, 2018

America Filler

I'm on a mini-walkabout, sorta trying to disconnect from the realish world with family on a lake in Ohio. And I've been trying for a while to write something that encapsulates a coherent philosophical framework that explains how I view the world and our place in it. Trying, but failing.

Until I figure it out, in recognition of our need to feed the tree of Gheorgheness with the blood of new content, here's something I posted on Twitter yesterday that I'll return to over and over again. This is how I think about America:

I think of patriotism like I think of parenting. I love my kids fiercely, and I get pissed off when they fail to do the right thing. I love my country fiercely, and I get pissed off when it fails to do the right thing. Expecting more of America doesn't make me less of a patriot.

God bless America. May she actually be what we believe she already is.

19 comments:

Whitney said...

They are what we thought they were!

zman said...

Crown their ass.

Whitney said...

Everybody back to work today (like I am)? Other than Rob and his paradisaical Ohioan excursion?

T.J. said...

I'm at work, and it is brutal

Mr KQ said...

We let em off the hook!

T.J. said...

adios Scott Pruitt, you steaming pile of shit

zman said...

You know you're really crooked when you're too crooked for the Trump administration.

Whitney said...

People in favor of breathing air and drinking water should be pleased by Scott Pruitt's departure.

Until Trump replaces him with the guy in the car who threw his litter at the feet of the crying Native American in the Keep America Beautiful ad from the 70's.

Dave said...

still on vacation. scot pruitt got fired? that's fantastic! and rob should stop trying to figure shit out. parents are insane, patriots are insane, humans are irrational creatures . . . and my wife and kid just walked in with surprise dumplings!

Mark said...

I’m on vacation until Tuesday. Heading over to Gaylord Palms tomorrow to sit by the pool and ignore my kids for a couple of days.

Dave said...

gaylord.

Dave said...

always better to lower your expectations, if you want to be happy.

Mark said...

Sammy Sosa is to look at these days. Not just the bleached skin. He’s just had so much work done. Very plastic.

Mark said...

Grayson Allen got into it with Trae Young in summer league. Allen did a little extra. You’re all shocked, I’m sure.

Mark said...

Also, the Teej is killing it on Twitter today.

zman said...

Teej kills it on Twitter urryday.

TR said...

I did not work today. Will not work tomorrow. But I'm officially back in the game next Monday.

Koch Brothers were in big for Pruitt. His farcical behavior was tolerated for very long for that reason. He was very popular in Oklahoma, which was also the only state that had every single county vote for Trump.

Dave said...

i have to go on twitter to see teej killing it?

Dave said...

hear teej killing it? do you see or hear a tweet? bear witness to teej killing it?