Monday, July 03, 2006

"Follow me...follow me to freedom!"

Possibly the second greatest SportsCenter commercial of all time, Charley Steiner's famous line seemed like an appropriate title for this post, which is a very long-winded way of saying Happy Independence Day America (fuck yeah!). Since I am stuck at work with several other mindless drones today (it's so miserable I can't even describe it), I have of course been trying to come up with the perfect "Happy 4th of July" post/picture. Pasted below are the two best I could come up with...needless to say, it's been a looooong day...
GOD BLESS AMERICA

AND ITS OBVIOUS COMPLEMENT (SPECIAL THANKS TO THE BLACK CROWES)

OK, now that we have sufficiently recovered from the Savage Garden above, GTB would like to thank NL All-Star manager Phil Garner for recognizing the talent of our boy Dan Uggla, who was named as a reserve to the All-Star team yesterday. GTB and the entire Uggla family will be sending Mr. Garner a Hickory Farms sausage and cheese basket as thanks. As for the rest of this All-Star game talk...enough already. It's only been half a day, and I am already sick of the "snub" discussion...can't we talk about this ridiculous catch by Gary Matthews Jr. instead?

8 comments:

T.J. said...

It appears Mr. Uggla actually might've been elected by his peers, but here at GTB we never let the facts get in the way of a good blurb...plus, we can't afford baskets for everyone, so we're sticking with Phil Garner as the recipient of our good will.

Mark said...

Where are the rest of your tribesmen TJ? I don't know if I've ever seen the wheelhouse this abandoned for such a stretch.

T.J. said...

I think Cleveland Jerry has something in the works, I think Burr is around but work is being a hassle, and I am trying to get something done, especially since Whitney is all over me (ngs)...

Mark said...

Well, there you go. Not that I should talk as I've not been a model of consistency and effort of late. I was actually referring more to the lack of comments more than the lack of column(ettes).

Cleveland Jerry...that got me.

T.J. said...

Cleveland Jerry is apparently staying at the same hotel as the Yankees. I told him to tell chicks he was Andy Phillips, you know, the Yankees first baseman with regular-sized nuts...

Mark said...

He should, there are so damn many nondescript Yankees (at least to 90% of the generela public) he'd probably get away with it. He could always go with a middle reliever since nobody (again with the 90%)can ever pick those guys out of a lineup. Anything to make Cleveland more bearable.

rob said...

he should pose as al hrabosky, especially if he's still rolling with that mustache-thingy.

T.J. said...

Happy Statehood Day to all you Lithuanians out there...