Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Awaking from Slumber

I thought December was supposed to be a slow month in the workplace. I haven't had a chance to breathe since 12/1, let alone post pithy thoughts about sports. And while I was gone:

1. The BCS went to hell. Go USC and Geaux LSU! Split national championships are neat! As far as I'm concerned, the Delaware Blue Hens are the national champions.

2. My Boston Red Sox managed to turn the off-season into a more interesting story than the regular season with their pursuit of Alex Rodriguez. I'm so very torn on this deal. I love Nomar Garciaparra more than a heterosexual man should love another man, and the acquisition of ARod would signal the end of Nomar's days in Boston. That would cause me no small amount of dismay and disappointment. On the other hand, Alex Rodriguez may go down as one of the three best players in the history of Major League Baseball, and how can you not want a guy that fits that description on your team?

3. There was more than a little dust circling around my living room last night as I watched Brett Favre put up a monster first half against the Oakland Raiders just two days after his father passed away. Favre threw for 311 yards and 4 touchdowns in the first half against Oakland, all the while fighting emotions that I can only imagine. Every now and again we get affirmation of why we love sports. Last night was one of those times.

More to come.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

thanks a good post :)
mexican pharmacy

amanda young said...

That would cause me no small amount of dismay and disappointment. Amanda Vanderpool CEO