Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday Afternoon POTUS-Inspired Post: Waiting For a Miracle

The bloated Ooompa Loompa currently serving as our president is on the record saying he is hoping for a miracle to combat the coronavirus. Join the club, Donnie!  Perhaps you can do a bit more than saying that and assigning a gay conversion therapy supporter to tackle it.

But in the interim, let's just wait for a miracle and focus on the impending weekend with Jerry.

Try to compartmentalize your angst and enjoy Friday, my friends. And while you're at it, fast-forward ~69 seconds for the tune to start.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I’d guess that most of you would be surprised to know I’m a big Dead fan. A friend who I smoked with quite a bit back in the day turned me on to them during numerous sessions back in my rural Carolina days. I regularly go Dead on Spotify while I’m cooking at home.

Whitney said...

I need a miracle every day.

Whitney said...

Mark, that is excellent. Love it.

I turned my dad onto the Dead after he turned 70. (Okay, 69.) I had casually slipped some good stuff into his usual playlist at his house and I will alway remember an exchange at some event at his place:

“Son, I need to make a speech to these people and I need you to cut the music, but not until after this song. I really like it.”

“Dad, that’s Sugaree...”

“Yeah, I know. Your guys.”

“ . . . Well . . . uh, awesome . . .”