Sunday, December 08, 2019

Gheorghemas: Day Three

On the third day of Gheorgemas big Gheorghe gave to me:
Three Nutty Squirrels,
Two Chilean Bangers,
and a British lass slinging hot meat.

Our tiny dictator has recently accused me of trying to overly amortize my time in business school by working finance content into too many conversations.  While this is a fair criticism, a recent discussion in school paid off with an insider tip on a product that should be near and dear to the hearts of some Gheorghies and just had to be shared.

As part of an entrepreneurship/branding project, one member of my team brought up a Chinese company that specializes in selling nuts online.   The company is called Three Squirrels.



As this article points out, Chinese consumers are "nuts for Three Squirrels" with over $1.5 billion in revenue in 2018.  AdAge called them "China's Hottest Snack Brand" and touted their strategy of harnessing the "power of cute".   

Yep, that's a castle made of nuts.
For obvious reasons, Big Gheorghe thought some Three Squirrel nuts would be the perfect gift for all the Gheorghies. 

To top it all off, Three Squirrels recently went public.  If your portfolio is in need of re-balancing, and you have a need for Chinese nut focused e-commerce investments, Three Squirrels could just be the perfect fit for you.



Bonus Squirrel Content:

Anybody who has a little squirrel around the house may want to pick up a copy of this magnum opus.   Not sure if it made the New York Times Best Sellers list but it looks to be page turner.  Maybe Dave can add it to his list for Day Seven.


They even appear to have companion giving season to Gheorghemas.



Merry Gheorgemas one and all!

19 comments:

zman said...

3:27 left in the first half of Ravens/Bills and both teams have 137 combined yards of offense. Not what I expected.

Whitney said...

My daughter was accepted to college for the first time yesterday. Not sure she will end up at Rollins, but I’m proud of her nonetheless.

Mark said...

If she ends up at Rollins, I’ve got plenty of good restaurant recommendations for you in Winter Park.

I’d also gladly watch Saints-49ers again in the playoffs. That was a hell of a game.

Whitney said...

I do like Winter Park. My folks met there and we go there every once in a while. Not a bad spot for a parent to visit their kid. Plus they made her a very nice offer. But she’s probably sticking a little closer to home.

Whitney said...

For those that found the Grateful Dead later in life, like Dave and my dad, you can spend $$ and go to see Dead & Co. (Though I got a decent deal by waiting to buy a ticket online until I was in line about to enter the arena.)

Or you can see Dark Star Orchestra, the outstanding Dead cover band that sounds virtually identical. Last night they played a replica of a show from ‘77 from San Fran’s Winterland Ballroom. Really, really good.

rob said...

pour a little out for rene auberjonois.

and for my ability to bet on this year’s tribe, now 7-3 after a 62-58 win at fairfield. i thought this team would struggle to win 10 games. they might get there before the beginning of conference play.

Marls said...

Clayton Runnymede Endicott III?!?!?

TR said...

Jets-Fins was pretty fun. The whole day rode on my ability to get my two sons to dress appropriately for the cold weather. They hate wearing jackets at all times. I got them to fully bundle up w/ first layer leggings. Everything after that was cream cheese. Only downside to the day was the fact that my kids now count my drinks. That was no bueno. I didn’t raise any narcs.

TR said...

I decided to impress my kids last night at dinner. We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and I polished off the very hottest wings they have (think it was Blazing).

Well, that word describes some suboptimal side effects I'm experiencing today. But it's worth it to get the street cred from my kids.

T.J. said...

Trying to distract them from the drink counting. Well played.

zman said...

Did you time yourself?

https://youtu.be/WbeureEEI_s?t=68

Marls said...

You should tell them the story of the cannoli eating contest.

Shlara said...

Boehly tried to buy the Chelsea team

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-guggenheim-partners-president-made-bid-for-premier-leagues-chelsea-11575929241

TR said...

Pour some out for Marie Frederiksson. She had the look.

Danimal said...

I can't imagine this isn't known here in this part of the world but....Matt Gaetz went to William and Mary? Surely I missed that somewhere along the way. Apologies. Please carry on.

Any suggestions for 6 - struggling to come up with subject matter for my 6th Day of Christmas assignment. Please help.

Signed,

I really got nothin for ya

T.J. said...

who did we put in charge of Day 4?

zman said...

Gaetz went to the law school so he isn't really an alum. They'll take anyone.

Whitney said...

Tiny dictator has Day 4. I think we know why he's leaving Day 3 up.

Whitney said...

Exam week at W&M, so the lads in green and gold are off til Sunday. I know you were wondering.

It also means I just exited a Managerial Econ 3 hour exam. Blimey.

Next time I go back to school, it had better be for crushing beers, wowing coeds, or kick-ass blogging. Likely as a professor, I know you were all thinking.

Sorry. Brain is mush.